Frequently Asked Questions About CS:GO
Many CS:GO players around the world ask same questions about CS:GO each day. DMarket team decided to collect the most popular ones into the one article.
Can I play CSGO for free?
Yes, you can, but in order to protect yourself from cheaters, you need to acquire a prime account.
Can’t open console CS:GO?
Look for the entry “Enable Developer Console” and set it to “Yes”. “~” button will open the concole.
Do CS:GO Skins wear over time?
No. For example, If you buy a “factory new” skin, it will stay factory new.
Does getting kicked in CSGO affect your rank?
It will affect you rank, after you were kicked too many times.
How do CS:GO ranks work?
To earn your first rank, you’ll have to win 10 placement matches, at a limit of two per day. … Based on your performance, your rank will be adjusted at the end of the each match, assigning you a higher or a lower Skill Group. Check out how you can improve your CS:GO rank.
How do I change my CS:GO launch options resolution?
Within 6 easy steps:
- Open the Steam application and go to the page of your game library
- Find Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and click the right mouse button on it
- Choose “Properties”
- Press the button “Set Launch” option (in the “General” section)
- Enter commands for the launch options, following these rules: use all the symbols in a command, including “+” and “–“; put a space between commands, if you entered more than one command
- Press “OK”, close the “Properties” window, and launch the game
How do I change my CS:GO launch options?
Read our detailed guide about CS:GO launch options
How do I change my CS:GO refresh rate?
By default, CS:GO uses your desktop’s refresh rate. If you set it to 144 in your video card’s control panel you don’t have to set it again.
Changing the resolution and refresh rate via command line is fairly easy. Right-click on your game in Steam -> Properties -> Set launch options, and put this in the appeared field:
-w 1024 -h 768 -refresh 144
This will set the resolution to 1024 * 768 pixels and the refresh rate to 144 Hz. If you want to use 120 Hz just change that part accordingly. (-refresh 120)
What does this command line do:
- -w number defines the screen width (in pixels)
- -h number defines the screen height (in pixels)
- -refresh number (-freq works too) defines the refresh rate (in Hertz)”
How do I copy my CS GO config?
Here’s an easy way to find and copy your CS:GO config.cfg:
- Open Steam app and go to your game Library
- Right-click CS:GO in the list of your games and choose “Properties”
- In the opened window, go to the tab “Local Files” and click the button “Browse Local Files…”
- The standard window with files will appear. Open the folder “csgo -> cfg”. Is config.cfg there? Ok then! If not – check the next item in this list.
- Go back to the folder “Steam”. Open “userdata -> [your Steam user ID] - > 730 -> local -> cfg.
How do I enable cheats in CS GO?
If you created your own game in CS:GO, you can turn on cheats by entering “sv_cheats 1” command.
How do I give myself an AWP in CSGO?
If you created your own game in CS:GO, you can give AWP to yourself by entering “give weapon_awp” command.
How do I join a CSGO server with IP?
There are two methods:
- You can open the console in game and type ““connect 127.0.0.1:27015”” where 127.0.0.1:27015 is your IP address and port number. You have to have the console enabled for this option to work (by pushing escape button to go to the menu and then pressing the tilde (~) key.
- Or you can add the server to your favourites from in game or through Steam. You do this by opening the server window, and clicking on the Add A Server button (you will be asked to add the server address to the window).
How do I make a CSGO config or open a .cfg file?
Read our guide about CS:GO config file
How do I turn on FPS counter CS:GO?
You can do it by using “net_graph 1” command.
How do you fast forward in CSGO overwatch?
To fast forward / rewind in csgo demo’s, simply open your demo and press “SHIFT + F2”. This will open the demo console, alternatively you can open the console and type “demoui” to toggle it.
How do you follow grenades in CSGO?
Spectators and GOTV viewers can now spectate grenades thrown by players. To do this, press and hold the Left Alt key when the player you are observing throws a grenade. Your camera will follow the grenade until you release the Left Alt key or the grenade explodes/expires.
How do you get skins in CS:GO?
- Some skins you can receive after playing matches
- Buy them on Steam market or DMarket
- Open cases
How do you get unlimited money in CS:GO?
Use mp_afterroundmoney 16000, which will give you, and everyone else, up to 16 000 of in-game money, at the start of the each round.
How do you get unlimited ammo/grenades in CS GO?
To have infinite ammo (including grenades), type sv_infinite_ammo 1 in the console. To have every grenade you can buy, type ammo_grenade_limit_total 5 in the console. To be able to fly, type noclip in the console and hit Enter.
How do you give yourself Nades in CSGO?
Type the command in the console: sv_cheats 1:
- Bind 1 give weapon_hegrenade; use weapon_hegrenade - gives grenade in hand immediately
- Bind 2 give weapon_smokegrenade; use weapon_smokegrenade - gives a smoke grenade in hand immediately
How do you increase your speed in CSGO?
host_timescale and then the speed multiplier, e.g:
- host_timescale 1 is normal speed
- host_timescale 0.5 is half of speed
- host_timescale 2 is double speed.
How do you kick bots in CS GO?
Open your console on your own server and use the following commands to disable, freeze or let bots only use knifes to practise your shooting skill:
- bot configurations: bot_quota 0 (normal is 10 , so you remove them)
- bot_kick - to kick all bots
How do you sell CS Go skins for real money?
You can do it with DMarket in the CS:GO trading section
How do you set up Autoexec in CSGO?
You can read about it in our CS:GO Autoexec guide
How long do CS:GO competitive matches last?
Max duration of the competitive match is 90 minutes. But competitive match can last up to 30-40 minutes at average.
How long do smoke grenades last CSGO?
The smoke cloud duration is 18 seconds. In Counter-Strike the smoke cloud lasts for 25 seconds.
How many copies of CS:GO have been sold?
By the end of 2018, the game had sold about 40 million copies. Currently, the game is free to play (in 2019).
How many CS:GO players are there?
By April 2019 average number of players is 372k. You can also read our article about How many people play CS:GO.
How many levels in CS:GO?
If the CS GO rankings are all about “sorting” players by their skills, the levels indicate how much effort they put into the game. There are 40 levels in the game (often called profile ranks).
How many ranks are there in CSGO?
There are 18 ranks in CS:GO.
How many rounds are in a CS:GO game?
15 rounds each (or up to a winning score of 16 points).
Is there a command for aimbot in CS GO?
There are no commands for “aimbot” at the moment.
What does float mean in CSGO?
Float values are the precise wear value of a skin. This value is a value between 0 and 1, where 0 is the least wear. The float values are mostly used in trading and trade-ups, and for most people the exterior quality is enough to know.
What does LEM stand for in CSGO?
Legendary Eagle Master.
What is Autoexec CSGO?
Read the full guide about autoexec file in CS:GO.
What is EDPI in CSGO?
eDPI stands for ‘effective Dots Per Inch’. It is a formula used to calculate the effective sensitivity of any given player, regardless of software or hardware settings.
What is the best sensitivity for CS go?
Recommended sensitivity is around 520-1600 (400 CPI with between 1.3-4 in-game sensitivity). 1000 is an average sensitivity among pro-players.
What is the best skin in CSGO?
Check out the best CS:GO skins in our article.
What is the command to kick yourself in CSGO?
Read our detailed guide on how to kick yourself in CS:GO.
What is the most expensive knife in CSGO?
StatTrack M9 Bayonet Crimson Web New: $45,000.
What is the most expensive skin in CSGO?
The most expensive CS:GO skin so far is AWP Dragon Lore featuring an “autograph” sticker by Tyler “Skadoodle” Latham (Price is $61,052.63).