12 Facts You Should Know about Artifact (Dota2)
Card games remain popular, ever since that ancient time when people lived without computers and the Internet (is this possible?) Valve wants to jump up onto this ongoing gaming trend with the newest card game Artifact, based on the Dota 2 universe.
Recently, the developers announced the official release date of Artifact. We on DMarket have collected this and other known facts about the upcoming game in the list below.
- Artifact release date is November 28.
- The game will be available on Steam for Mac, Linux, and Windows computers.
- The price of Artifact will be $19.99.
- After buying the game, players get: two basic packs with 54 cards in each (5 heroes, 9 items, and 40 other cards); and 10 additional sets with 12 cards in each.
- Gamers can expect the versions for Android and iOS devices to be available in 2019.
- There will be more than 280 cards in the game, including 44 heroes. Players get only 228 at the start.
- The Artifact cards will be tradable on the Steam Market, so players will be able to buy and sell them like Dota 2 items.
- The cards are divided into three types of rarity: Common, Uncommon, and Rare.
- Along with cards from packs, Artifact contains basic cards – for example, melee creep and teleportation scroll. Basic cards are untradeable.
- A set of additional (random) cards will cost $2 on Steam. Every card pack will contain at least one rare card.
- Artifact has been created in collaboration with Richard Garfield, a famous game designer, who created the legendary trading card game Magic: The Gathering.
- Gamers can try out Artifact even before its release! The game will be available to play at the gaming culture festival PAX West 2018 in Seattle, from August 31 to September 3. An Esports tournament will take place there, with Artifact merchandise and two free licenses of the game as rewards.
The official Steam page of the Artifact game already exists.
Are you excited about the release of Artifact? Do you think this game is only for Dota 2 fans? Please, let us know in the comments!
Check this Artifact guide to delve deeper into the game mechanic.
To feel the spirit of Artifact and Dota 2 better, have a look at the 9 Most Expensive Dota 2 Items List.