CS:GO Crosshair Settings | All Ways to Change Crosshair in CS:GO
For shooter players, weapon’s are one of the most critical ingame elements. CS:GO is no exception, as players use different weapons in various situations to get success. But is not enough to choose the right rifle; you also need to set up your csgo crosshair settings correctly, doing this will provide a big advantage over your opponents.
In addition to the default, CS:GO offers a tremendous number of crosshair settings, allowing players to customize and modify it to their liking. Or maybe you prefer to follow in the footsteps of the famous PRO players? It’s all up to preference.
Default CS:GO Crosshair
The standard CS:GO sight has a large crosshair with a dot in the middle. When firing, the sight dynamically changes and shows the estimated area of bullet spread. There are two ways to install a default crosshair in CS:GO: via settings and via console/cfg file. Here are the examples of default csgo crosshair styles:
cl_crosshairstyle “0” - Default Dynamic
cl_crosshairstyle “1” - Default Static
The default crosshair is good because it is visible on any background, and that is why newbies are in no hurry to use the custom one, but you should always remember that the default can’t be applied by everyone. Your crosshair should be visible but it shouldn’t distract you from the game.
Classic CS:GO Crosshair
If default crosshair doesn’t work for you, we recommend you to try the classic crosshair styles. Here are the commands to set up one of such crosshairs:
- cl_crosshairstyle “2” - Dynamic
- cl_crosshairstyle “3” - Dynamic
- cl_crosshairstyle “4” - Classic Static
- cl_crosshairstyle “5” - Hybrid
The most common ones are style 4 and style 5.
The style 4 crosshair makes your crosshair always static, and it always looks the same, no matter you are shooting or not. The style 5 crosshair is a dynamic one; it “reacts” to your every shot, except the sniper rifles, of course.
Check out all the useful csgo crosshair commands and improve your game!
How to Change Crosshair in CSGO
In CS:GO, you can cnange your crosshair in several different ways: game settings, console, cfg file and crosshair maps. Let’s take a closer look to all of these methods:
The easiest way to customize your crosshair is to do it via settings. Developers allow you to change your sight with various colors, sizes, dynamic styles, etc. Follow this path to find it:
- Open CS:GO
- Choose ‘Game Settings’
- Choose ‘Crosshair’
You can upgrade your crosshair with various different features and see the result in the preview window above the settings. You can change the preview map and share or import your new crosshair. It’s easy to customize via settings:
- Crosshair Style - choose one of the five different crosshairs presets with predefined options by developers.
- Center Dot - the small dot in the center of sight, which helps someone to aim.
- Length - the indicator of the length of your crosshair, from 0.1 (small) to 10 (big).
- Thickness - the index of how wide your sight will be, from 0.1 (slim) to 6 (very wide).
- Gap - with this feature, you can choose how close the sightlines will be to each other. Score -5 (very close) and 5 (far away).
- Outline - the black outline around the crosshair. You can turn it on or off, and choose via the index from 0 (slim) to 3 (wide).
- Red/Green/Blue - color indexes, play with these features to find the best color for you. Changing from 0 to 250.
- Alpha - this is the index of your crosshair transparency, you can turn it on or off. Change the alpha from 0 (invisible) to 255 (clearly seen).
- Split Distance - with this indicator, you can adjust the dynamic sight magnification. It starts from 0 (minimal) to 16 (very big).
- Inner Split Alpha - with this parameter, you can change the transparency of the inner part of your dynamic crosshair. It starts from 0 (invisible) to 1 (clearly seen).
- Outer Split Alpha - with this parameter, you can change the transparency of the outer part of your dynamic crosshair. It starts from 0 (invisible) to 1 (clearly seen).
- Split Size Ratio - options that allow you to change the split size between the inner and outer parts of your dynamic crosshair. It starts from 0 (without split) to 1 (max of the split size).
- T Style - choose the crosshair’s terrorist-style, it will delete the top line of the sight.
- Displayed Weapon Gap - with this feature, your crosshair will be dynamic based on the weapon which you are currently using.
You can customize your crosshair in lots of different ways to enjoy various results, but there is only one way to upgrade your CS:GO inventory. Find the most popular CS:GO skins for the best prices on DMarket Marketplace.
For people who want to deeply customize their in-game settings, CS:GO has a developer console. The console enables the possibility to change a large number of settings, including sight adjustment.
Enable the console
Click the ‘~’ button and enter the settings you want to change.
Via CFG File
Another way to change the sight is to add specific commands to the game file config. The instruction is here:
Find and open the CFG file by using Program Files\Steam\userdata[your Steam ID]\730\local\cfg or in some cases - Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
Change the file properties and turn off ‘Read Only’ mode
Change or add the crosshair commands
Save the file and return to ‘Read Only’ property.
Find out more information about config files and autoexe.cfg in our simple guide.
Via Crosshair Maps
The final way to change the sight is with crosshair maps. There are maps that allow you to try a large number of different sights directly in the game.
This is the most popular map for changing sight - crashz ‘Crosshair Generator v3
The player is provided with a large sight list of professional cyber sportsmen. All sorts of settings can be immediately checked from within a gameplay, on any map against any kind of opponent.
In order to choose any scope or modify its settings, you first need to arm your virtual hero. After selecting a weapon, shoot with the desired sight or its modification.
After that your sight will change immediately. Try to shoot at targets on any map and determine whether this scope suits you or not. After exiting the map, the last used sight will remain installed.
Check out the best CS:GO crosshair setting and codes used by the popular Pro CS:GO players.
In need of a distraction? We suggest you look at this list of the best looking CSGO skins!
Trade on the go - install the mobile app of DMarket from Google Play or App Store. Never miss great prices and unique skins. The best CS:GO, Dota 2, Rust and TF2 marketplace is always at hand!