CS:GO Crosshair Settings (Simple Guide 2019)
If you’re playing a shooter, you know that a weapon’s sight is one of the most important elements in the game. CS:GO is no exception! And if you set up your weapon sight correctly, it will provide a big advantage over your opponents.
Default CS:GO Crosshair
The standard CS:GO sight has a large crosshair with a dot in the middle. When firing, the sight dynamically changes and shows the estimated area of bullet spread.
CS:GO default settings crosshair are the following:
cl_crosshairalpha "200" cl_crosshaircolor "5" cl_crosshaircolor_b "50" cl_crosshaircolor_r "50" cl_crosshaircolor_g "250" cl_crosshairdot "0" cl_crosshairgap "0" cl_crosshairsize "5" cl_crosshairstyle "4" cl_crosshairusealpha "1" cl_crosshairthickness "0.5" cl_fixedcrosshairgap "0" cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "0" cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0"
How to change CS:GO Crosshair?
CS:GO provides the ability to change the weapon’s sight settings. This can be done in a few ways:
- Default settings
- Crosshair change maps
All options have their advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we will cover all pros and cons of every option.
Change Crosshair via Settings
You can apply the various characteristics of the standard sight in the game’s settings. To do that, you need:
- Open CS:GO
- Choose Game Settings
- Choose hud
CS:GO developers provided several preferences for style, size and color of the sight. You can also change the style and configuration of the HUD here.
Change Crosshair via Console
As many of you know, CS:GO has a developer console in the game. The console enables possibility to change a large number of settings, including sight adjustment. We prepared an article for you about the CS:GO console commands.
To use the console, press “~” to open it; if nothing happens after pressing, activate the console through the game settings.
Choose the Game Settings and choose yes in the section Enable Developer Console.
Console Commands for Crosshair
Enable / Disable Crosshair:
- crosshair 1 - standard view activated - CS:GO Custom Crosshair
- crosshair 0 - no crosshair at all
We suggest to NOT disable the crosshair.
Five Basic Crosshair Styles:
- cl_crosshairstyle 0 - parts of the crosshair parts during shots and movements
- cl_crosshairstyle 1 - the static default style
- cl_crosshairstyle 2 - the classic crosshair from the original Counter-Strike game (CS 1.6)
- cl_crosshairstyle 3 - the classic crosshair with the dynamic feature
- cl_crosshairstyle 4 - the static version of the classic crosshair
CSGO Crosshair Colors:
- cl_crosshaircolor 0 - red
- cl_crosshaircolor 1 - green
- cl_crosshaircolor 2 - yellow
- cl_crosshaircolor 3 - dark blue
- cl_crosshaircolor 4 - light blue
- cl_crosshaircolor 5 - a custom color
You can also specify the shades of red, green, and blue:
- cl_crosshaircolor_r 0–255
- cl_crosshaircolor_g 0–255
- cl_crosshaircolor_b 0–255
Size of Crosshair:
- cl_crosshairsize 0.5 - this command activates the lines
- cl_crosshairthickness 0.5 - thickness of the lines
- cl_crosshairgap 1 - size of the central gap. Add your value to make it bigger or even smaller
- cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1 - a dark outline of the crosshair
- cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 0-3
- cl_crosshairusealpha 1 - a transparent crosshair. Add the command cl_crosshairalpha 0-255 to set the intensity of transparency
- cl_crosshairdot 1 for the middle of the crosshair. With this command and cl_crosshairsize 0, there will be a crosshair-dot on the screen
Here’s an example of a console commands of a professional player (Astralis - Xyp9x):
cl_crosshairalpha "200"; cl_crosshaircolor "1"; cl_crosshaircolor_b "50"; cl_crosshaircolor_r "250"; cl_crosshaircolor_g "250"; cl_crosshairdot "0"; cl_crosshair_t "0"; cl_crosshairgap "-1";
We collected cfg and console commands of the most PRO CS:GO players.
Cfg Crosshair Change
Another way to change the sight is to add a specific commands to the game file config. The instruction is the next:
- Create a txt file;
- Add console commands to your txt file;
- Save your txt file as autoexec.cfg;
- Save .cfg files to your folder
Program Files\Steam\userdata[your Steam ID]\730\ local\cfg\
or in some cases –
Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg).
After these steps, the trick is easy – don’t do anything, just put your CS:GO autoexec.cfg to the same folder, and everything will work on its own. Just run the game and enjoy.
Still, sometimes it might be helpful to specify your intention to use autoexec CS:GO – add the command “+exec autoexec.cfg” to the Launch Options.
!!IMPORTANT!!! All console commands can be written in .cfg files, the only difference you should take into account is that the commands end with “;” in the console, but there is no such symbol in a configuration file.
Here’s a few examples of the commands for changing the sight via the config file:
cl_crosshairalpha "255" cl_crosshaircolor "5" cl_crosshaircolor_b "0" cl_crosshaircolor_r "0" cl_crosshaircolor_g "255" cl_crosshairdot "1" cl_crosshairgap "0" cl_crosshairsize "0" cl_crosshairstyle "4" cl_crosshairusealpha "1" cl_crosshairthickness "2" cl_fixedcrosshairgap "0" cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "0" cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0"
Use various resources to prepare a list of console commands to change the sight:
- Crosshair generator
- Pro players config
There are sight generators available in the Internet. They are aimed to help you in adding various sight settings and see how they look like in the game. The site has an integrated view of one or two maps and enemies, so you can immediately check whether the selected sight fits in or not.
Crosshair Changer Maps
The final way to change the sight is crosshair maps. There are maps that allow you to try a large number of different sights directly in the game.
The most popular map for changing the sight - crashz ‘Crosshair Generator v3
Here you can download the Crashz ‘Crosshair Generator v3.
The player is provided with a large sight list of professional cybersportsmen. All sorts of settings that can be immediately checked within a gameplay, on any map against any kind of opponents.
In order to choose any scope or modify its settings, you first need to arm your virtual hero. After selecting a weapon, shoot at the desired sight or its modification.
After that your sight will change immediately. Try to shoot at targets on any map and determine whether this scope suits you or not. After exiting the map, the last used sight will remain installed.
Read our article 33 Best Pieces of Advice to Rank Up in CS:GO (2019 Edition) if you want to get up your CS:GO rank.