CS:GO Crosshair Settings (Complete Guide 2020)
For shooter players, weapon’s are one of the most critical ingame elements. CS:GO is no exception, as players use different weapons in various situations to get success. But is not enough to choose the right rifle; you also need to set up your csgo crosshair settings correctly, doing this will provide a big advantage over your opponents.
In CS:GO, you can customize your crosshair in several different ways:
- Console / Config
- Crosshair change maps
All options have their advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we will cover the pros and cons of every option.
How to Change Your Crosshair via Settings
The easiest way to customize your crosshair is to do it via settings. Developers allow you to change your sight with various colors, sizes, dynamic styles, etc. Follow this path to find it:
- Open CS:GO
- Choose Game Settings
- Choose Crosshair
You can upgrade your crosshair with various different features and see the result in the preview window above the settings. You can change the preview map and share or import your new crosshair. It’s easy to customize via settings:
- Crosshair Style - choose one of the five different crosshairs presets with predefined options by developers.
- Center Dot - the small dot in the center of sight, which helps someone to aim.
- Length - the indicator of the length of your crosshair, from 0.1 (small) to 10 (big).
- Thickness - the index of how wide your sight will be, from 0.1 (slim) to 6 (very wide).
- Gap - with this feature, you can choose how close the sightlines will be to each other. Score -5 (very close) and 5 (far away).
- Outline - the black outline around the crosshair. You can turn it on or off, and choose via the index from 0 (slim) to 3 (wide).
- Red/Green/Blue - color indexes, play with these features to find the best color for you. Changing from 0 to 250.
- Alpha - this is the index of your crosshair transparency, you can turn it on or off. Change the alpha from 0 (invisible) to 255 (clearly seen).
- Split Distance - with this indicator, you can adjust the dynamic sight magnification. It starts from 0 (minimal) to 16 (very big).
- Inner Split Alpha - with this parameter, you can change the transparency of the inner part of your dynamic crosshair. It starts from 0 (invisible) to 1 (clearly seen).
- Outer Split Alpha - with this parameter, you can change the transparency of the outer part of your dynamic crosshair. It starts from 0 (invisible) to 1 (clearly seen).
- Split Size Ratio - options that allow you to change the split size between the inner and outer parts of your dynamic crosshair. It starts from 0 (without split) to 1 (max of the split size).
- T Style - choose the crosshair’s terrorist-style, it will delete the top line of the sight.
- Displayed Weapon Gap - with this feature, your crosshair will be dynamic based on the weapon which you are currently using.
You can customize your crosshair in lots of different ways to enjoy various results, but there is only one way to upgrade your CS:GO inventory. Find the most popular CS:GO skins for the best prices on DMarket Marketplace.
Change Crosshair via Console and CFG
For people who want to deeply customize their in-game settings, CS:GO has a developer console and cfg files. The console enables the possibility to change a large number of settings, including sight adjustment. To use the console, press ~ to open it; if nothing happens after pressing, activate the console through the game settings.
Choose the Game Settings and select yes in the section Enable Developer Console.
We have prepared several commands to help you understand the basic idea of this option. If you want to find all of CS:GO crosshair console commands visit our powerful guide Full CS:GO Console Commands List.
Crosshair Console Commands:
- cl_crosshairstyle 1 - the static default style
- cl_crosshairstyle 3 - the classic crosshair with the dynamic feature
- cl_crosshaircolor 0 - red
- cl_crosshairsize 0.5 - size of the crosshair
- cl_crosshairgap 1 - size of the central gap. Add your own value to make it bigger or even smaller
- cl_crosshairdot 1 - for the middle of the crosshair. With this command and cl_crosshairsize 0, there will be a crosshair-dot on the screen
Another way to change the sight is to add specific commands to the game file config. The instruction is here:
- Create a txt file
- Add console commands to your txt file
- Save your txt file as autoexec.cfg
- Save .cfg files to your folder
- Program Files\Steam\userdata[your Steam ID]\730\local\cfg\
or in some cases -
- Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg\
Find out more information about config files and autoexe.cfg in our simple guide How to create CFG in CS:GO.
IMPORTANT: All console commands can be written in .cfg files, the only difference you should take into account is that the commands end with ; in the console, but there is no such symbol in a configuration file.
Here’s an example of the difference between console and cfg commands:
- Console command cl_crosshairstyle 1
- CFG command cl_crosshairstyle “1”
Config of a Professional Player (Astralis - Xyp9x):
- cl_crosshairalpha “200”;
- cl_crosshaircolor “1”;
- cl_crosshaircolor_b “50”;
- cl_crosshaircolor_r “250”;
- cl_crosshaircolor_g “250”;
- cl_crosshairdot “0”;
- cl_crosshair_t “0”;
- cl_crosshairgap “-1”;
We collected the cfg and console commands of the most PRO CS:GO players.
Crosshair Changer Maps
The final way to change the sight is with crosshair maps. There are maps that allow you to try a large number of different sights directly in the game.
This is the most popular map for changing sight - crashz ‘Crosshair Generator v3
Here you can download the Crashz ‘Crosshair Generator v3.
The player is provided with a large sight list of professional cyber sportsmen. All sorts of settings can be immediately checked from within a gameplay, on any map against any kind of opponent.
In order to choose any scope or modify its settings, you first need to arm your virtual hero. After selecting a weapon, shoot with the desired sight or its modification.
After that your sight will change immediately. Try to shoot at targets on any map and determine whether this scope suits you or not. After exiting the map, the last used sight will remain installed.
Default CS:GO Crosshair
The standard CS:GO sight has a large crosshair with a dot in the middle. When firing, the sight dynamically changes and shows the estimated area of bullet spread. There are two ways to install a default CS:GO crosshair
Default Crosshair Style via Settings
CS:GO Default Settings Crosshair via CFG/Console
- cl_crosshairalpha “200”
- cl_crosshaircolor “5”
- cl_crosshaircolor_b “50”
- cl_crosshaircolor_r “50”
- cl_crosshaircolor_g “250”
- cl_crosshairdot “0”
- cl_crosshairgap “0”
- cl_crosshairsize “5”
- cl_crosshairstyle “4”
- cl_crosshairusealpha “1”
- cl_crosshairthickness “0.5”
- cl_fixedcrosshairgap “0”
- cl_crosshair_outlinethickness “0”
- cl_crosshair_drawoutline “0”
Read our article 33 Best Pieces of Advice to Rank Up in CS:GO (2019 Edition) if you want to up your CS:GO rank.
In need of a distraction? We suggest you look at this list of the best shooter games 2017!