Dota 2 - The Outlanders Update
It’s happened. Valve has updated Dota 2 for the first time since May 2019. The new Patch 7.23 is called The Outlanders and adds new heroes, items, a courier for each player, heroes update and many new features. This article includes the main changes from the patches 7.23, 7.23a, 7.23b, 7.23c, 7.23d, 7.23e and 7.23f.
The Void Spirit is the brother of the other Dota 2 Spirits: Ember, Earth, and Storm. Although he mainly stayed in a shelter for some time, now he has joined the battle “to save the Allies, because something is coming.”
It’s difficult to understand how players will use Void Spirit, but based on his skills, it would probably be a 3rd or 4th position.
The second new hero is Timbersaw’s aunt, who travels around the world on a giant lizard. On its back, the reptile carries a turret that can be used by the character, whereas the hero herself is armed with a double-barreled shotgun. Despite this ammunition, many Dota 2 fans are expecting the hero to be a support.
In the near future, you’ll be able to buy skins for the new heroes on the 3rd party Dota 2 Marketplaces.
- Now each player has his own courier.
- The courier acquires new levels along with the hero.
- Courier speed has been reduced from 380 to 275.
- Courier health reduced from 75 to 70.
- If the courier is alive, the owner receives 85 gold per minute (instead of basic 91 gold per minute).
- For each level, the courier receives +10 travel speed, +10 health and +2 gold per minute.
- On level 5, the courier becomes a flying courier.
- On level 10, the courier gets an active ability: acceleration (+50% added to travel speed, effective during for seconds and recharged after 120 seconds).
- At level 15, the courier is able to setup wards.
- On level 20, the courier gets an active ability: the shield (active during 2 seconds, recharges after 200 seconds).
- On level 25, the courier is able to use items.
- However, the courier’s visibility area has been reduced from 350 to 200.
- Now the whole team is given 25 + (5 for the level) of gold and 35 + (20 for the level) of experience.
- Land/flight courier revival time changed from 120 / 180 to 50 + (7 per level) seconds.
- Now the “Return Items” ability sends the courier to the base, even if he has no items.
- Observer Ward is now free.
- At the beginning of the game, each character has 3 teleportation scrolls.
- The gold for the destruction of Observer Ward is given to the player who reveals their invisibility.
- Players who have recently caused damage or applied a negative effect to an enemy hero are now considered for help when distributing gold, even if they have died or are not nearby.
- The gold distribution multiplier for participation in the murder now affects all the heroes, not just those in the killing area..
- The multiplier for total gold value is changed from 1.3->0.7 to 1.6->0.4
- The map landscape has been changed.
- The maximum level has increased to 30. On it, the hero studies all his talents. To get the levels from 26 to 30 it takes 3500/4500/5500/6500/7500 experience. Revival time does not increase after level 25. The reward for murder experience does not increase after level 25.
- Magic immunity no longer provides complete resistance to magic damage (meaning that abilities that go through magic immunity now also deal damage).
- Side benches removed.
- The bottle is no longer in the hidden shop.
- Now the whole assortment of the hidden shop can only be bought when inside(it means that Ring of Health and Void Stone can no longer be bought on the base).
- Health of the second towers has increased from 1900 to 2000.
- The armor of the second towers has been increased from 15 to 16.
- Damage to the second towers has increased from 152 to 175.
- The night vision range of all towers, except the first ones, has been increased from 800 to 1100.
- The number of additional attack targets for tower reinforcement has increased from 2 to 4.
- The duration of building fortification has been increased from 6 to 7 seconds.
- Improved responsiveness of input, and also corrected rare cases when commands were not read.
- If the tower is finished by the allies, the gold for it is divided equally between the two teams (previously, no one received gold).
- Siege damage on heroes increased from 85% to 100%.
- Fountain damage has increased from 230 to 275.
- Now the fountain has a +20% accuracy.
- Level 10 talent for experience was weakened from 20/25/30/40 (most of it 25/ 30) to 20%.
- Level 15 talent for experience was weakened from 35/40/50 to 35.;
- The duration of Glyphs on creeps was reduced from 7 to 4 seconds.
- The base damage block for melee heroes now works again against the player-controlled units (just like a normal block);
- Melee heroes now blocks 16 damage with a 50% chance instead of 8 damage with a 100% chance.
- The base damage block for Melee heroes no longer adds up with other types of blocks.
- The blocked items in the courier will no longer be delivered and will not be returned to the stash.
- The basic speed of the courier is increased from 275 to 280;
- Neutral items no longer fall off the creeps if there is an enemy within a radius of 600.
- The passive gold gain no longer increases from the hero’s level;
- Now on the 10th minute only one Tome of Knowledge appears in the store, not two;
- The formula for getting experience for killing heroes has been changed: 40 + CurrentXP * 0.14 -> 40 + CurrentXP * 0.13;
- Removed two shrines that were further away from Roshan;
- Shrines are now activated 7 minutes after the match starts instead of 5, and the recharging has been reduced from 5 to 4 minutes;
- Removed all experience talents;
- The gold bonus for the underdog team is no longer counted if its opponents’ advantage does not exceed a thousand gold.
Neutral Units Changes
- Neutral Cloak Aura: No longer stacks.
- Neutral Harpy Stormcrafter: Max mana reduced from 400 to 150.
- Neutral Harpy Stormcrafter: Mana regeneration increased from 1 to 3.
- Neutral Mud Golem: Hurl Boulder damage reduced from 125 to 75.
- Neutral Ghost: Frost Attack move slow from 20 to 25%.
- Neutral Ghost: Frost Attack attack slow from 20 to 25%.
- Neutral Vhoul Assassin: Poison debuff now applies 35% Regen Reduction.
- Neutral Centaur Conqueror: War Stomp cooldown reduced from 20 to 12.
- Neutral Dark Troll Summoner: Ensnare cooldown reduced from 20 to 15.
- Neutral Dark Troll Summoner: Raise Dead cooldown reduced from 25 to 18.
- Neutral Ancient Thunderhide: War Drums Aura no longer provides an attack damage bonus.
- Neutral Ancient Thunderhide: War Drums Aura now provides 40% accuracy.
- Neutral Ancient Thunderhide: War Drums Aura attack speed bonus increased from 15 to 25.
- Neutral Ogre Frostmage: Armor bonus reduced from 8 to 6.
- Neutral Ogre Frostmage: Slow now works against ranged units as well.
- Neutral Ogre Frostmage: Attack slow increased from 20 to 30.
There are two outposts on the map and they are located where the side benches used to be. Right-clicking on the outpost will start the interrupted six-second grip. The more allies that are captured at the outpost, the faster it is. Experience is given both for capturing the outpost and at every 10-minutes interval (20:00, 30:00, 40:00 and so on). In addition, the outpost is surrounded by unlimited visibility and can be teleported to. The outposts are not valid for the first 10 minutes of the game. They cannot be captured at this time.
- It reveals any invisibility within a radius of 500.
- If both outposts are captured, only one of them has experience.
- Teleportation to the outpost takes 6 seconds (subsequent teleportations have the same delay as the towers).
Now, from those killed, neutral creeps fall out unique items that can not be sold, but can be transferred to allies. Items are divided into five digits. Each time you fall out, the chance of getting an object of the same category is halved. Certain items fall out only once for each team. Items start falling out at 7:00.
There are a total of 62 unique neutral items.
The number of cells in the backpack is increased from 3 to 4.
Neutral Items Drop Mechanics
- Tier 1: 10% Chance
- Other Tiers: 0% Chance
- Tier 2: 10% Chance
- Other Tiers: 0% Chance
- Tier 3: 10% Chance
- Other Tiers: 0% Chance
- Tier 3: 5% Chance
- Tier 4: 5% Chance
- Other Tiers: 0% Chance
- Tier 4: 10% Chance
- Other Tiers: 0% Chance
- Tier 5: 10% Chance
- Other Tiers: 0% Chance
The chance of falling out is specified for the first object in the category - the chance of each subsequent falling out in the same category is halved. For example, the first chance is 9%, the second chance is 6%, the third chance is 3% and so on.
The chance of falling out uses a pseudo-random distribution for each category and works only if there is a real hero with the dead neutral creep.
Dota 2 DPC Season is in full swing right now. Find out all the information about new tournaments in our article Full Info about Dota 2 DPC 2019 / 2020.
Items of 1st Category
- +75 to the range of application of abilities, +1 to mana recovery
- A consumable item with two charges. Always increases health recovery targets by 2.5 and mana recovery by 1.25. It can be applied only once per creature. Eat yourself - share with a comrade
POOR MAN’S SHIELD
The Poor Man’s Shield
Bonus agility increased from 6 to 7
+4 to all the attributes
Increases health recovery by 5 and mana recovery by 2.5. It works only in water
- Bonus damage increased from 40% to 50%
Expendable item. Places a mango tree at the specified point, giving unlimited mango power
Enchanted Mango falls from the tree every 60 seconds and gives an overview within a radius of 1200
+8 to the intellect, 3 to the armor
Active ability restores 75 mana to all allies within a radius of 1200
Recharging: 40 seconds
- +35 to attack range in close combat, +12 to damage and +3 to armor
A recipe that fits with three Iron Branches
Creates an Ironwood Tree barking +7 to all attributes and the ability to plant a special tree
Recharging: 4 seconds
Range of application: 800
+150 to health
Active ability is applied for 1 second and can dig up a rune of wealth, Healing Salve, a set of two ready-to-use teleportation scrolls or an enemy kobold. Digging up treasures is not repeated
Recharging: 55 seconds
- +225 to maneuver, +25 to travel speed
Items of 2nd Category
+10 Attack Speed
+100 to attack range (Ranged Only)
Attacks reduce the victim’s magic resistance by 12%. Duration 6 sec
- +15% to vampirism +8% to vampirism abilities +250 to night vision
RING OF AQUILA
- +1.25 to mana regeneration
- +13 to both minor attributes
+24 to damage.
The passive ability makes the next owner’s attack critical: it will deal with 130% damage
Reload 8 seconds
- +75 gold per minute, +200 to mana, -35 to attack damage
+5 to armor, +5 to recovery
The owner’s attacks set fire to an enemy unit or building for 3 seconds, dealing 12 damage per second
+6 to intelligence, two and a half to mana recovery
The active ability for 15 seconds increases the maximum health of the owner by 425, curing him for the same amount
Mana Consumption: 200
Recharging: 20 seconds
- +8% to damage from abilities, +20% to magic resistance, -3 to armor
+6 to all attributes, +2 to mana recovery
Active ability throws a net, which for 1.75 seconds hinders both the enemy target and the owner
Range of application: 900
Reload 25 seconds
Recipe to connect two Bracers, Wraith Band or Null Talisman into a Vambrace subject with the appropriate attribute
Gives +14 to the attribute of the object, +8 to the other attributes, and either +12% to the resistance of magic, or +12% to the attack speed, or +8% to the damage depending on the ability of the object attribute
Items of 3rd Category
- +13 to armor, -35 to attack speed
GREATER FAERIE FIRE
A consumable item with three charges
+35 to damage. It can be absorbed to instantly restore 450 health
Recharge: 10 seconds
Reduces recharging of all abilities and objects by 13%
+9 to restore health
Adds +13 health point regeneration per second
A consumable item with three charges. Overlaps the selected building with an effect that restores 40% of its health in 30 seconds
During the action, the building gets +10 to the armor and +4 to the number of attack targets
+25 to attack speed and +25 to magic damage
Attacks silents hero for 4 seconds
Recharge: 20 seconds
+24% to travel speed (does not add up with boots) and +30% to turn speed
The active ability gives free movement and +25% to the speed of movement. Works for 3 seconds. The owner destroys the trees on which it passes
Recharging: 10 seconds
Passive ability enhances the next attack in long-range combat: increases its range by 400 and adds 270 magic damage to it. This attack cannot be missed
Recharging: 8 seconds
- Adds +17% to damage, +17% to vampirism, +17% to recovery, treatment and vampirism
ORB OF DESTRUCTION
- Attacks reduce the victim’s armor by 5 and slow it down by 30%/15% in close/long combat. Slowing down takes 4 seconds
- Adds +16% to basic damage, +16% to magic resistance and +16% to affect resistance
Reduces scanning recharging by 50%
Increases the range of attack and application of nearby allies by 150
Items of 4th Category
- +1000 to maximum health, -400 to maximum mana
- +25% to duration of negative effects, +15% to damage from abilities
- Adds +12 to all the attributes and +4 to mana regeneration,+20% to recharge all abilities
Adds +60% to the velocity of the shells. The next attack will turn the victim into a frog for 1.5 seconds
Reload after 12 seconds
+30 Movement Speed
Active ability removes negative effects from the owner and moves him to a random point within a radius of 600
Recharging: 5 seconds
Mana Consumption: 25. It does not recharge when taking damage
Adds +20 to agility, +30 to movement speed
Active ability applies the effect of Smoke of Deceit to the owner
Recharging: 45 seconds
Adds +14 strength and +14 agility
Increases the outgoing damage of all illusions by 10%
Active ability creates a controllable illusion of the item owner that deals 50% damage, takes 150% damage, and lives for 20 seconds
Recharging: 20 seconds
Adds +30 to damage, +18 to strength. Deals damage equal to 175+1* point of the strength of hero
Active ability repels enemies within a radius of 300 by 250 units, also slowing them down by 50% for 3 seconds
Adds +400 to health
Passive ability: when the owner’s health falls below 15%, it is strongly diluted and healed to 30 health
Recharging: 75 seconds
Adds +50 to the attack speed
Gives an area attack that deals 25% damage in a 400 /250 radius
Adds +20 to strength.
The active ability gives immunity to spells and full resistance to magic damage for 1.75 seconds
Recharging: 40 seconds
Items of 5th Category (Only after 79:00 Minutes)
Adds +50% to the travel speed. Removes the owner of the restriction on the speed of movement
Active ability dilutes negative effects from the owner and pushes him in the direction of looking at the distance of 800
Recharging: 6 seconds
- Adds +450 to the range, +450 to day and night view
- Adds +20 to all the attributes. A 100% chance of reflecting most of the directed spells back to the enemy one time per 4 seconds
A recipe combining Blink Dagger and Meteor Hammer
Adds +20 to strength, +20 to intelligence, +15 to health recovery and +10 to mana recovery
Active ability transforms the wearer into a meteor that hits a specified area and applies stun and damage to a Meteor Hammer object
Range of application: 1600
Recharging: 15 seconds. It does not recharge when taking damage
A consumable item with three charges. Gives the effect of all runes amplification for 50 seconds
Recharging: 120 seconds
- Increases the index of the main attribute by 80%
- Adds +400 to attack range. Each attack repels the enemy by 50 units
Adds +50% to travel speed, +70 to HP recovery. Removes restrictions on movement speed and allows you to walk through trees
Active ability creates trees for the owner within 3 seconds. These trees exist for 60 seconds
Recharging: 20 seconds
A recipe combining Sange, Yasha and Kaya items
Adds +33 to agility, +33 to strength, +33 to intelligence, +33 to movement speed, +33 to attack speed, +33% to resist effects, +33% to reduce consumption and mana loss, +33% to health from recovery and vampirism, +33% to damage from abilities
BOOK OF THE DEAD
Adds +35 to strength and intelligence
Active ability calls on 6 creatures from Necronomicon 3 levels that live for 75 seconds
Recharging: 90 seconds
- Adds +250 to the attack speed. Passive ability creates a rune of wealth between the owner and the killed enemy hero
Adds +25 to the armor
Active ability resets the reload time of all items except Refresher Orb
Recharging: 30 seconds
Adds +100 to the attack speed.
Attacks reduce the victim’s armor by 12
- Adds +30 to all the attributes. When the owner is dealt with deadly damage, he does not die but is completely cured, spending one charge of the object. The object then disappears
- Enfeeble: The ability is reworked, now it’s passive. The hero applies an effect on the victims of his abilities that reduces their resistance to effects by 15/20/25/30% and magic resistance by 4/8/12/16% for 8 seconds
- Enfeeble: Now it’s the third ability
- Brain Sap: Now cures enemy damage to the wearer
- Brain Sap: Damage type changed from pure to magic
- Brain Sap: Damage increased from 75/150/225/300 to 100/200/300/400
- Fiend’s Grip: Now damage passes through magic immunity (due to changes in mechanics)
- Level 15 talent: +8% of ability damage instead of Enfeeble steals attack speed
- Level 20 talent: +20% to Vampirism Ability instead of +125 to Slow Attack from Enfeeble
- The talent for experience has been replaced by +20% magic defence
- Flamebreak: Projectile speed increased from 900 to 1200
- Flamebreak: The projectile explosion now deals 50/75/100/125 damage
- Flamebreak: Periodic damage reduced from 25/30/35/40 to 20
- Flamebreak: Recharging changed from 17 to 18/17/16/15 seconds
- Flamebreak: Explosion radius increased from 375 to 500
- Flamebreak: Shake duration increased from 0.25 to 0.35 seconds
- Flamebreak: Now the shock range is always 300
- Firefly: No longer gives an unobstructed view
- Firefly: Travel speed increased from 4/7/10/13% to 5/10/15/20%
- Firefly: Now gives +200/400/600/800 to the field of view
- Sticky Napalm: No longer has a delay before use
- Sticky Napalm: No more turning to apply the ability
- Sticky Napalm: Movement slowdown reduced from 3/5/7/9% to 2/4/6/8%
- Flaming Lasso: Now damage passes through magic immunity (due to changes in this mechanics)
- Level 15 talent: Flamebreak’s extra burning time is increased from 2 to 3 seconds
- Level 20 talent: Additional travel speed reduced from 40 to 30
- Level 25 talent: Flamebreak recharging is reduced from 13 to 9 seconds
- Cinder Brew: Now the repeated operation does not refresh the duration of the effect, but extends it by 3 seconds
- Cinder Brew: Now deals fixed damage in varying amounts of time
- Cinder Brew: No longer gives victims a chance to attack themselves
- Cinder Brew: Now victims are caught in flames from any spell damage, not just damage above 80
- Cinder Brew: Total damage has increased from 100/150/200/250 to 100/160/220/280
- Cinder Brew: Slowdown changed from 25% to 24/28/32/36%
- Cinder Brew: Recharging reduced from 20/18/16/14 to 20/17/14/11 seconds
- Cinder Brew: Mana consumption increased from 50 to 80
- Increase in agility reduced from 2.1 to 1.4
- Chaos Bolt: Now the illusions of the neighborhood are also released by the projectile of this ability
- Reality Rift: No longer slows down
- Reality Rift: Now reduces armor by 2/3/4/5. It takes 6 seconds
- Reality Rift: Reloaded from 14/11/8/5 to 15/12/9/6 seconds
- Chaos Strike: Maximum critical damage reduced from 160/200/240/280% to 140/165/190/215%
- Phantasm: Illusion damage changed from 50/75/100% to 40/70/100%
- Phantasm: Illusion damage increased from 260% to 350%
- Phantasm: Now illusions have a bonus to magic resistance of 25%
- Phantasm: Now illusions are considered strong, i.e. they cannot be instantly destroyed by abilities
- Phantasm: Creates an illusion with the usual characteristics of this ability for each of the allied heroes, as well as an additional illusion of the owner. Does not interrupt the Allies’ actions
- Reworked improvement from Aghanim’s Scepter
- Base attack range reduced from 650 to 625
- Skeleton Walk: The attack speed now increases by 70/100/130/160 when you exit invisibility. This acceleration is effective for 4 seconds
- Strafe’s ability is replaced by Death Pact: The hero absorbs an enemy creature, a neutral 3/4/5/6 level creature, or a skeleton. Increases maximum health by 250/350/450/550
- Hero attacks reduce the target’s armor by 2/3/4/5 for 3 seconds. If you kill an enemy hero under this effect, you will be given a constant +5 to the damage, and the ability will be reloaded
- Duration: 55 seconds
- Recharging: 90 seconds
- Range of application: 900
- Mana Consumption: 60
- Burning Army: Skeletons now deal not 80/100/120% of the hero’s base damage, but 24/26/28% of his total damage
- Level 20 talent: +350 to health from Death Pact instead of +16 health per second
- Level 25 talent: +4 sec. attack acceleration from Skeleton Walk instead of +4 sec. to strafe duration
- Skill changed from 30 + 2.6 to 20 + 2.9 (does not affect base damage)
- Frost Arrows: Now dealing 5/10/15/20 damage
- Frost Arrows: No longer affects creeps for 7 seconds
- Gust: Maximum impact range increased from 350 to 450
- Precision Aura is replaced by Multishot: Interrupted, effective up to 1.75 seconds. Hero fires 3 rounds of 4 arrows each. The arrows deal 95/125/155/185% of basic damage and apply a 1/2/3/4 second slowdown on Frost Arrow’s ability. The range of the shots is equal to the doubled range of the hero’s attack
- Recharging: 26/24/22/20 seconds.
- Manpower consumption: 50/60/70/80
- Multishot: Damage decreased from 95/125/155/185% to 90/115/140/165%
- Multishot: the cost has been increased from 50/60/70/80 to 50/70/90/110
- Multishot: deceleration duration changed from 1/2/3/4 to 1.25 /2 /2.75 /3.5
- Marksmanship: No longer kills creeps instantly
- Marksmanship: Damage on triggering is changed to 70/80/90 and is bonus (not considered for critical attacks)
- Marksmanship: Now gives an extra skill to the owner and allied heroes of distant combat, equal to 28/36/44% of the hero’s agility
- Level 15 talent: Agility decreased from 14 to 12
- Level 20 talent: +25% to evasion replaced by +35% to damage from Multishot
- Level 25 talent: Time of recharging decreased from 50% to 40%
- Level 25 talent: +25% to attack speed from Precision Aura replaced by +15% to Marksmanship’s chance of triggering
- Basic movement speed increases from 315 to 320
- Basic intelligence increased by 3 points
- Impetus: This is now a normal ability that deals 8/12/16/20% damage from a distance
- Mana consumption: 40/45/50/55
- Recharging: 6/4/2/0 seconds
- Impetus: No longer passes through magic immunity
- Enchant: Recharging changed from 20/16/12/8 to 20 seconds
- Enchant: Duration on creeps increased from 26/44/62/80 to 30/60/90/120 seconds
- Enchant: You can now charm no more than one creature
- Enchant: Can no longer be applied to a creature under the influence of this ability
- Enchant: Increases the health of the fascinated creep by 200/400/800/1200, and its damage by 10/30/50/70, also and completely heals it
- Untouchable: Now it’s an ultrasound. Slows the attack to 100/140/180
- Untouchable: Now goes through the immunity to magic
- Reworked improvement from Aghanim’s Scepter. Gives a new ability: Grants Sproink
- The hero bounces back 450 units and dodges the projectiles flying into him
- Recharging: 3 seconds
- Mana Consumption: 50
- Level 20 talent: Untouchable’s additional attack deceleration is reduced from 100 to 80
- Force increase reduced from 2.9 to 2.4
- Base attack interval reduced from 1.85 to 1.7 seconds
- Base attack speed increased from 100 to 140
- Base damage reduced by 7
- Base armor increased by 1
- Rage: No longer increases the attack speed
- Rage: Now increases travel speed by 15%
- Open Wounds: Vampirism reduced from 50% to 35%
- Feast: Now passively gives +15/30/45/60 to the attack speed
- Feast: No longer deals damage based on its maximum target health
- Feast: Now gives vampirism, depending on the maximum health of the target
- Infest: Now the hero automatically controls the creature he is in, if possible. The hero gets +30/40/50% of the movement speed under this ability, and the creep gets +30/40/50%. The target of this ability also gets +400/800/1200 to health (and is cured for the same amount)
- Infest: Now cures the owner 3/4/5% of maximum health for each second while he is in another being, but does not give instant treatment
- Reworked improvement from Aghanim’s Scepter
- Infest: Reduces recharging by up to 25 seconds and extends the range of use by up to 600. Applies Rage effect to the target (works as much as the hero himself)
- Level 10 talent: Additional attack speed increased from 20 to 30
- Level 25 talent: Additional damage/vampirism increased from 1% to 1.5%
- Basic travel speed increased from 270 to 280
- The STR increase was reduced from 3.7 to 3.5
- Treant has the innate passive skill of Nature’s Guise now. If the hero doesn’t take damage within three seconds, he gets the opportunity to pass through the trees. Under the influence of Nature’s Guise, the hero’s health regeneration and healing increased by 25%. The character also receives a 15% bonus on movement speed (the bonus is valid as long as the character walks through the trees or near them)
- Scepter now grows broken trees on the map every 10 seconds, instead of their usual spawn in 5 minutes
- The Living Armor’s ability has been redesigned: Now it’s a spell with a range of 700. It lasts for 12 seconds. Gives 4/6/8/10 armor units and restores 60/100/140/180 units of health over the duration of the action
- Living Armor’s operating time has been reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds
- Recharging: Time of the Living Armour has been changed from 30/24/18/12 seconds to 26/22/18/14 seconds
- Reworked Leech Seed’s ability: Now used on the Treant Protector. When used every 0.5 seconds, it sucks the health of a random opponent within a radius of 700 and restores the health of the Treant Protector
- Enemies under this ability are slowed by 18/24/30/36% for 0.5 seconds each time they take damage. Enemy heroes take priority when selecting a target for the ability. Works for 5 seconds. Sucks up 15/30/45/60 health units per second
- Cost: 110 mana
- Recharging time: 22/19/16/13 seconds
- Nature’s Guise is replaced by Nature’s Grasp. The new ability is applied to the location and creates vines there. Lianas slow down enemy heroes by 25/30/35/40% and deal 30/40/50/60 damage per second. They deal half the damage to creeps. Lianas work for 12 seconds
- Range of action: 1 500
- Reload time: 20 sec
- Cost: 60/70/80/90 sec
- Overgrowth: Time has been reduced from 3.4/ 4.25/ 5 to 3/4/5.
- Overgrowth: Now deals 75 damage per second without Aghanim’s Scepter
- Overgrowth: Now deals damage to units that are magic immune
- Overgrowth: Recharging time changed from 100/85/70 to 100
- Overgrowth: the cost has been increased from 150/175/200 to 200/250/300
- Level 10 talent: Now gives +50 to attacks
- Level 10 talent: Now adds invis to Nature’s Guise instead of +10% to spell reduce recharging time
- Level 10 talent: Now gives +60 to recovery from Living Armour instead of +2 to a block from Living Armor
- Level 15 talent: Now gives +30 to damage per second from Nature’s Grasp instead of reducing tree recovery to two seconds
- Level 15 talent: Now adds +60 regeneration to Living Armor instead of +90 to attacks
- Level 20 talent: Now gives you +15 % to spell reduce recharging time
- Level 20 talent: Now allows you to walk through trees instead of +2 seconds to the duration of numbness from Nature’s Guise and gives +40 to Leech Seed’s damage/recovery instead of +50
- Level 25 talent: Now gives +1 second to the duration and +100 damage per second from Overgrowth instead of +350 to Overgrowth’s range
- Level 25 talent: Now gives +550 to the Living Armor’s range of application instead of 700
- Spirit Bear: Basic attack is reduced by 10
- Spirit Bear: Basic attack speed changed from 1.7/ 1.6/ 1.5/ 1.4 to 1.75/ 1.65/ 1.55/ 1.45
- Spirit Bear: The bear’s armor type has been changed from ordinary to heroic
- Spirit Bear: The type of bear attack has been changed from ordinary to heroic
- Spirit Bear: Defender’s ability is removed
- Spirit Bear: Now the Demolish ability is given to the bear on level 1
- Spirit Bear: Now Return ability is given at level 1
- Spirit Bear: Now the Entangling Claws ability is given to the bear on level 1
- Entangling Claws: Duration changed to 0.75/ 1.5/ 2.25/ 3 seconds
- Return: Now an intermittent capability with athe three-second application
- Recharging: 30 seconds
- Demolish: Additional damage to buildings changed by 10/20/30/40%
- Spirit Bear: Bear damage reduced from 35/55/75/95 to 30
- Spirit Bear: Now the bear level rises at the same time as the owner. For each level, the bear receives +5 to the damage
- Spirit Bear: Bear’s health is reduced from 1500/2000/2500/3000 to 1100/1400/1700/2000
- Spirit Bear: For each level the bear gets +75 to health
- Entangling Claws: The type of damage has been changed from physical to magic
- Spirit Link: Now it’s a passive ability
- Spirit Link: No longer cures a bear for damage caused by its owner
- Spirit Link: Vampirism reduced from 40/50/60/70% to 20/35/50/65%
- Spirit Link: Additional attack speed reduced from 20/40/60/80 to 15/30/45/60
- True Form: Ability reworked. Converts to a melee bear, gives +500/1000/1500 to health (cures when used), +10/15/20 to armor and bear’s ability: Entangling Claws and Demolish
- Range of attack in close combat: 225
- Duration: 40 seconds.
- Reload 100 seconds
- Manpower consumption: 200
- Savage Roar: Now the application works around the bear and its owner at the same time
- Savage Roar: Radius increased from 325 to 375
- Level 20 talent: -25 sec. of Battle Cry recharging replaced by -40 sec. of True Form recharging
- Level 25 talent: Battle Cry gives immunity to magic replaced by +1000 to health from True Form
- Skill reduced from 30 + 2.5 to 18 + 1.4 (does not affect base damage)
- Power gain increased from 1.9 to 2.4
- Base damage increased by 8
- Basic health recovery increased from 2 to 3
- Base armor increased by 2
- Basic travel speed increased from 315 to 320
- Smoke Screen: No longer slows down (it used to slow down movement by 8/12/16/20%)
- Smoke Screen: No longer reduces the view
- Smoke Screen: Missing chance changed from 10/30/50/70% to 25/35/45/55%
- Smoke Screen: Radius changed from 325 to 280/310/340/370
- Smoke Screen: Recharged from 17/15/13/11 to 20/17/14/11 seconds
- Blink Strike: Now has 2 charges (25/20/15/10 seconds restored)
- Blink Strike: Reduced damage from 75/90/105/120 to 25/50/75/100
- Cloak and Dagger: Now it’s an ultrasound. The delay before invisibility is 4/3/2 seconds. No longer increases health recovery. Back-to-back damage per unit of dexterity is 1,4/ 1.8/ 2,2
- Tricks of the Trade: This is now a normal ability. The hero attacks 4 times in 2 seconds, dealing 70/80/90/100% of the damage from the attack. Attacks random creatures, including creeps
- Range of application: 400
- Radius: 450
- Recharging: 21/18/15/12 seconds
- Mana consumption: 50
- Tricks of the Trade with Aghanim’s Scepter: Effect changed. +1 second to duration, +2 to number of attacks
- Range of application: 1000. It can be applied to allied creatures
- Level 10 talent: +8 to agility replaced by +25 to attack speed
- Level 10 talent: Additional health recovery increased from 6 to 8
- Level 15 talent: Smoke Screen recharging is reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
- Level 15 talent: A 20% chance to deal 150% damage by the attack replaced by +35 to damage
- Level 20 talent: Additional damage for agility from back-to-back attacks increased from 0.3 to 0.5
- Level 25 talent: +300 to Tricks of the Trade replaced by -7 sec. recharging Tricks of the Trade
That’s not all the changes in the heroes’ abilities. Read the Full lists of abilities changes and items changes at this article.
Keep abreast of 7.20 patch notes!