Dota 2 Patch: 7.20
On the night of November 19th, Valve released a new Dota 2 patch - 7.20. Many players around the world have been waiting for this for a long time.
Developers from Valve changed the map, items, heroes’ abilities, and In-game mechanics. The last big update was in July 2018, then patch 7.19 was released.
The balance of characters and items has been changed, but the appearance of your characters remains the same. You can buy and sell Dota 2 skins without a fee on DMarket.
Dota 2 Patch Notes 7.20
- New bounty rune and ancient creeps location;
- The entrance to the forest is now on high ground;
- Added a new dedicated inventory slot to hold Town Portal Scrolls.
- Boots of Travel: No longer shares cooldown with Town Portal Scrolls. Upon teleporting, +10 seconds are now added to your Town Portal Scroll cooldown.
- Denies no longer give the denier 25% XP
- Creep denies now give the denier 20% of the gold bounty
- Stacked Neutral creeps now give the stacker 35% of the bounty instead of 25%
- Non-Ancient Neutrals now provide 5% more gold bounty
- Changed the Armor formula to: ( 0.052 * Armor ) / ( 0.9+ 0.048 * Armor)
- Updated various armor values to closely align with the new formula
Hero Kill Bounty XP
- Killing Sprees now give an XP bonus ranging from 200 to 1250
- Reworked and simplified XP hero kill bounty system. No longer includes a team XP component
Mana and HP Regen
- Reworked Mana and HP regen from attributes. They are no longer multipliers of your regeneration values
- Town Portal Scroll: Can now be canceled and prevented by Root
- Fixed inconsistencies between different Root sources
Cleave and Splash Changes
- Cleave damage is now normal physical damage type, causing it to get reduced by the armor of each unit impacted
- Cleave abilities damage values have been rescaled
- Increased standard Cleave area. Distance increased from 625 to 650, final width increased from 330 to 360
- Affects: Great Cleave, Empower, Battle Fury, and Talents
Spell Immunity and Dispels
- The following abilities no longer pierce Spell Immunity.
- Black King Bar: Recipe cost increased from 1375 to 1450
- Poison Sting can now be dispelled
- Hex state can now be removed by strong dispels
Towers and Structures
- Towers no longer gain extra armor per nearby enemy hero.
- Melee Barracks health increased from 2000 to 2200
- Ranged Barracks health increased from 1200 to 1300
- Ancient health increased from 4250 to 4500
Grimstroke: added to Captain’s Mode
A complete list of changes can be found on the official Valve blog.
For players who are starting to play Dota 2, we have prepared a big beginner’s guide.