All the Main Ways to Show FPS in CS:GO
Frame Rate is a significant characteristic for video games, and especially for fast-paced multiplayer adventures. How many Frames per Second (FPS) has CS:GO whilst running on your computer?
What is FPS?
- Frame per second
In this guide, you can discover how to check your current frame rate and how to get more FPS in CS:GO.
Check out our recoil compensation guide.
Why bother with FPS?
The characteristic “Frames per Second” is exactly what it sounds like – how many frames (or images) your monitor will show each second.
FPS creates a more beautiful picture. To feel the difference, you can watch a video with the standard 30 FPS quality and then with increased 60 FPS.
Many games are about beautiful virtual worlds. For example, when you explore the virtuality of Cyberpunk 2077, it would be nice to see the depths of colors and shapes in the images of that fantastic city.
For multiplayer games, FPS is an even more crucial characteristic. Something might happen in split seconds, so players should react immediately.
We collected answers to the most popular questions regarding FPS in CS:GO
How do you check FPS in CSGO?
You can check it in screen right corner after using cl_showfps 1 command.
How do you get the FPS counter in CSGO?
Steam Application > In-Upper Menu Steam > Settings > In-Game Tab > In-game Steam FPS Counter. Full instruction read in article below.
In terms of CS:GO gameplay, this means accurate shooting at opponents and avoiding their shots with some tricky moves. You don’t want to lose round after round just because your CS:GO FPS is too low, do you?
The downside of big FPS is severe computer load. You should have a powerful graphics card to render the virtual world quickly and in enough quality.
How many FPS is normal?
Let’s not talk about ancient devices, which play CS:GO rather like a slide-show. Computers of the high-end level run CS:GO properly, so their happy owners can forget about FPS and enjoy the game.
It would be nice to check the CS:GO Frame Rate, if you have a middle-class computer, maybe like most players.
- 0-30 FPS – such characteristics are too low for normal play. You’ll experience lags, which influence match results badly.
- 30-60 FPS – the basic Frame Rate that allows playing normally. The graphics will be rather simple, but the multiplayer interactions will be quite quick.
- 60-100 FPS - an average and even good level. You’ll have no obstacles to demonstrate your playing skills. Weak computers might have performance trouble if push them to such a Frame Rate.
- 100-300 FPS - very good performance, with excellent graphics and almost flawless synchronization with the server.
If you want to improve your CS:GO rank, make sure your computer is capable of something more than 30. Playing CS:GO with low FPS might be unnecessarily difficult, and your results may not match your actual skills.
How to show FPS in CS:GO
Seeing the actual Frame Rate is a significant help during setting the game for the best performance – you should see if there is a problem.
This might be the easiest way to show FPS CS:GO and other Steam games – because you don’t need to use any programming code, it’s the best FPS counter, everything will be done through the menu.
- Open Steam Application.
- Click in the upper menu Steam -> Settings.
- In the opened window, choose the In-Game tab (in the left menu).
- Look for “In-game FPS counter Steam” and set its position on the screen (top-bottom, left-right);
- To see the FPS indicator clearly, mark “High contrast color”.
- Press the OK button. Play CS:GO and, in fact, any Steam game with the Steam FPS counter CS:GO (Frame rate counter).
Easy way in Steam show FPS for each game of the platform.
CS:GO Console Commands
Lots of useful things can be done through the developer console, and showing FPS is one of them.
- cl_showfps 1 – the game will show an FPS indicator (main CSGO show FPS command). Use numbers from 2 to 5 as values to see additional information. Enter the command cl_showfps 0 to remove the indicator. It’s the easiest way how to see FPS in CS:GO or how to check FPS in CSGO.
- net_graph 1 – an alternative CS GO FPS command (netgraph CSGO command to show FPS in CS:GO) that automatically includes extra technical data on the indicator. Again, the value 0 disables the counter (net_graph 0).
Bind the command cl_showfps 1 and cl_showfps 0 to buttons for activating them whenever you need. To do so, add the following code to your autoexec.cfg file:
- bind + “net_graph 1”
- bind - “net_graph 0”
Change - and + with your buttons.
To create autoexec.cfg, open the standard config.cfg (in the folder Steam\userdata\your Steam ID\730\local\cfg\config.cfg), using Notepad ++.
There is a special CS:GO FPS config, nice CS:GO FPS boost and easy way how to get better FPS in CS:GO.
Add console commands there, putting all the values inside quote marks. Then save the file to the same folder with the new name autoexec.cfg.
Check this guide to learn how to use CS:GO console and to discover lots of useful CS:GO commands.
It might be very convenient to add FPS console commands to your CS:GO Launch Options. This will guarantee showing the FPS indicator after the game launch.
How to increase FPS in CS:GO
Low FPS in CS:GO is the result of computer weakness. Purchasing a better PC might be the best decision here – still, it’s not always possible.
You can adjust the game to the real possibilities of your device, decreasing video quality with these console commands:
- to disable particles and small objects – r_drawparticles 0 and func_break_max_pieces 0.
- to remove flashes and additional light effects – muzzleflash_light 0, r_drawtracers_firstperson 0, r_dynamic 0, and mat_disable_bloom 1.
Also, you might need to limit the max FPS CS GO to not load your system too much and still have good game performance.
- fps_max 60 – change the value according to the real power of your computer. Use the command fps_max 0 to disable any FPS limitations.
Getting obsessed with FPS might distract you from the very core of CS:GO – having fun in the game. It might be better to make all the necessary efforts for improving the performance and then remove the FPS indicator and enjoy the playing process.
DMarket is the place to discover the most interesting nuggets of wisdom from the world of gaming! Also, you can find best cheap CS:GO skins on our convenient marketplace.