CS:GO Console Commands - An Ultimate List
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a unique game for many various reasons. It’s one of the most popular and profitable esports disciplines, it’s a deep and super satisfying multiplayer shooting experience, and also, it’s a very flexible environment - with many personalization options. If you need to adjust your in-game settings to remove some inconvenience on your way to success, you can use CS:GO console commands from this detailed guide.
There is one major thing that can’t be changed with the CS GO console commands - and that’s the appearance of your weapon arsenal. To look great during matches you may have to spend long hours hoping to get something nice from the random drop. Or instead, you can buy CS:GO skins on DMarket and amaze everyone on the server with your unique style.
The game has more than three thousand commands that change different settings. Each of these has its own specific purpose. For example, CS:GO console commands help to:
- Make the game interface more convenient for you;
- Improve game performance on an outdated PC;
- Change the CS:GO crosshair to make your shots even more accurate;
- Activate CS:GO cheat commands to create special conditions for training or just to have fun with friends;
- Change settings for your mouse.
To get the max from the power of CS GO commands, you should first gain some basic experience in the game - otherwise you won’t feel what is better for your playing style. If you’re just starting your Counter-Strike adventure, check out these Essential CS:GO Tips for Beginners.
To enter a console command, you must activate the console. This is a very simple process.
- To open the console in CS:GO, press the tilde button ~ while you are playing the game.
By default, the possibility to activate the console is enabled. If the tilde doesn’t work, this is how to enable console in CSGO:
- Enter the game Settings Menu;
- Choose the Game Settings;
- Select Yes near Enable Developer Console.
Most of the professional players use console commands - as these allow their talent to bloom to its full power. Some of these guys are mentioned in this post as The 10 Best CS:GO Players in the World (2020).
It is highly recommended to play first with the default CS:GO crosshair. Just spend some time with it while developing your basic in-game skills. Then try to change something. You can do it in two ways:
- through the standard Settings Menu
- through special console commands
Both methods are nicely described on the DMarket blog: CS:GO Crosshair Settings (Simple Guide).
Do you want to try out the crosshair settings of esports celebrities? Then take a look at this post: PRO CS:GO Players Settings & Configs Explained.
You absolutely should have a good gaming mouse and a reliable keyboard to play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as this means you can play on without the discomfort of bad hardware. In addition to this, you might need to change some in-game settings for the mouse movements - after all, this is your primary tool, a kind of physical analog of the virtual weapons.
Some basic mouse settings are available through the in-game menu. For many other options, you can check out the article Mouse Settings for CS:GO.
Most of the games differ from the real world by the inclusion of convenient icons and windows that fly in front of your eyes and give various helpful information - a feature enabled since the classic FPS. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, players have a radar and info on the weapon, bullets, health, and opponents in the match.
Usually, this interface is called HUD, heads up display. The game gives quite a lot of possibilities to customize it. You can do it with codes from this CS:GO commands list:
CSGO Radar Commands
- cl_hud_radar_scale 1 - changes the value to make the radar bigger or smaller. The default value is 1. You can use numbers from 0.8 to 1.3
- cl_radar_scale 0.7 - this command changes the size of objects on the radar. The possible values are 0.25 to 1
- cl_radar_square_with_scoreboard 0/1 - the radar becomes square when you open the scoreboard (1) or remains round (0)
- cl_drawhud_force_radar -1/0/1 - conditions for showing the radar on the screen: never (-1) or when HUD is disabled (1) or enabled (0)
- cl_teammate_colors_show 0/1 - to turn off/on different colors for your teammates on the radar
- cl_radar_rotate 0/1 - the radar rotates with your game character (1) or it remains still (0)
- cl_radar_always_centered 0/1 - the radar is centered around your character (1) or not (0)
- hideradar - to remove radar
CS:GO HUD Commands
- cl_hud_color 0-10 - different basic colors of the in-game interface
- cl_hud_playercount_showcount 0/1 - disables/enables the player count menu as numbers of alive players. In the disabled condition, you will see Steam avatars
- cl_hud_playercount_pos 0/1 - to place the player count menu to the upper side of the screen (0) or to the bottom (1)
- +cl_show_team_equipment - you will see the names of your teammates and their equipment above their heads during the whole round. To return the default settings (the info only at the start), use the disabling command -cl_show_team_equipment
- +showscores or +score - the game score will be always visible on the screen. To disable, use -showscores or -score
- cl_drawhud_force_deathnotices -1/0/1 - info on kills never appears on the screen (-1) or it is shown when HUD is disabled (1) or enabled (0)
- cl_hud_bomb_under_radar 0/1 - if you carry the bomb, its icon will appear underneath radar (1) or will be disabled (0)
- cl_hud_healthammo_style 0/1 - to see info on your health and armor only as numbers (1) or as numbers and the bar (0)
- cl_spec_swapplayersides - places players and teams names to the other side of the screen (1) or returns them to the default one (0). The command affects HUD for spectators
- hud_scaling 0.85 - makes all the HUD elements bigger or smaller. Use the values from 0.5 to 0.95
- mapoverview_icon_scale 2 - icons on the map overview become twice bigger. Return the default condition with the value 1
- hud_showtargetid 0/1 - to hide/show info on opponents when you hover over them
Commands to Reload HUD
- hud_reloadscheme - the HUD will be reloaded to apply all the custom changes
- cl_reload_hud - use this command to cancel all the changes to CS:GO HUD and return the default settings
Along with knowing all the HUD elements, good CS:GO players should know all the places on their virtual maps. These are not indicated on the screen, but you can discover their names in this very helpful guide: All CS:GO Map Callouts.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a pretty old game. It was released in 2012, so it may seem that it runs smoothly even on outdated computers. That’s not totally true. Developers from Valve put enough effort to make their multiplayer games up to date, fresh and beautiful. Like with Team Fortress 2, they make CS:GO look and feel as if it’s a new, recently released product (like Half-Life: Alyx). Even though their dedication to making the game accessible from most devices is to be praised, sometimes it becomes insufficient. However, players can change and update their settings to remove lags and make the picture beautiful once again.
This section explains how to use console commands to check out the performance and make helpful changes.
FPS in CS:GO
Frames Per Second is a popular topic in the gaming community. The more you have, the more dense the world appears on the screen. On the other hand, it’s an additional load on your PC.
We have discussed this aspect in more detail in the article FPS in CS:GO - How Many Do You Need?.
Owners of good gaming computers can skip this part. The commands here bring some small changes to the settings that will decrease the PC load.
- r_eyemove 0, r_gloss 0 - to remove movements and shine of the game characters’ eyes
- cl_disable_ragdolls 1 - no ragdolls technology
- dsp_slow_cpu 1 - activates lower quality of in-game sounds
- cl_downloadfilter nosounds - prevent downloading of custom sounds (Music Kits)
CS:GO Ping Command
It’s better to play with low ping - there is almost no delay between actions on the server and on your screen. Ping is also a significant part of the performance for multiplayer games. It can be adjusted by using this command: mm_dedicated_search_maxping 80000 - max allowed ping, where 1000 in the value is 1 second
Most of the graphics and CS:GO sound settings are available through the usual in-game tools. Still, you might also need some console commands.
- mat_monitorgamma 1.8 - brightness of the virtual world (CSGO brightness command). Usually use values from 1.6 to 2.1. Make sure that you play in a well-lit environment to decrease contrast of the monitor brightness and surrounding space
- volume 1 - to set the volume of all the sounds
- snd_musicvolume 1 - the music volume
- snd_headphone_pan_exponent 1 - the volume of sounds from the distance
- voice_enable 0 - the command with this value turns off all the voices in the chat. Set 1 to return the standard setting
- voice_enable 0 - it’s how to mute everyone in CS:GO on the voice chat
- voice_scale 2 - to scale the volume in the voice chat (use your value)
- windows_speaker_config 1-5 - to indicate which audio device you are using. The value 2 is for a headset, 3 is using four speakers, 4 is two speakers, and 5 is for the 5.1 surround system. The value 1 is default by the computer
CS:GO Commands for In-game Elements
- hud_showtargetid 0 - to disable players’ names while you’re pointing the crosshair CS GO over their characters
- cl_draw_only_deathnotices 1 - to see only death notifications during the game
- v_showbullethits 0 - with this command, there will be no blood in the virtual world of CS:GO
- r_cleardecals - to remove all the damages and splashed blood
- con_filter_enable 2->con_filter_text Damage->con_filter_text_out Player - this combination of CS:GO console commands activates showing statistics on caused damage after the death of your character
- cam_idealdist 150 - how far the camera is from your character during the game
- cam_idealyaw 0 - determines the position of the camera in the circle around the character
- cam_command 1 - activates the game view from the third person perspective
- cl_righthand 0-1 - to change the weapon hand (right-left).
- viewmodel_presetpos 1 - the command for changing views of the weapons. The value 1 is for default, 2 is for a closed view, and 3 is the classic CS 1.6 view
- viewmodel_offset_x 1 / viewmodel_offset_y 1 / viewmodel_offset_z 1 - these commands change the position of your character’s hand on x-, y-, and z-axis. The possible values are from -2 to 2.5
- viewmodel_fov 33 - determines how far your character holds weapons. The allowed values are from -54 to 65
One of the fun CS:GO commands is:
- hud_takesshots 0/1 - disables/enables automatic screenshots at the match end. Imagine how fun it is to share your success with online friends!
Use the following commands to change specific conditions of shooting matches and improve some of your skills. These will be helpful if you can’t practice in the usual multiplayer matches - for example, due to the high speed of game events.
Another effective way to improve your skills is by checking out our guide How to Become a Global Elite Rank in CS:GO
CS:GO Warm-up Commands
- mp_do_warmup_period 1 - game matches will have a period for warming-up. It’s a good way to prepare for the shootouts
- mp_warmuptime 180 - with this command, your warm-up periods will last for 3 minutes. Set your value in seconds to change the time
- mp_warmup_start - manual start of warm-up periods. The command mp_warmup_end is the manual finish
Weapon Buying Commands
- mp_buytime 30 - this command makes 30 second periods of purchasing weapons at the start of matches. Change the value to set a different time
- mp_buy_anywhere 1 - both teams will be able to buy weapons anywhere on the map. Change the value with 2 to activate this feature only for terrorists, and with 3 – for counter-terrorists
- mp_freezetime 30 - the starting time of unmoved players will be 30 seconds. Change the value for your time. This period is significant for those players who already have weapons from the previous round and don’t need to buy anything new. How long do they stay still?
Commands for Rounds and Matches
- mp_roundtime 180 - the rounds will last for 3 minutes. Set your time in seconds
- mp_maxrounds 36 - in matches there will be no more than 36 rounds
- mp_timelimit 60 - the whole game will last not more than one hour. Set your time in minutes
- mp_ignore_round_win_conditions - the game will continue the entire set time, regardless of the number of rounds won by one team
- mp_round_restart_delay 9 - game rounds will restart with a delay of 9 seconds (your own value is possible as usual)
- mp_restartgame - immediate restart of the game. Add numbers to this command, and they will determine time in seconds till the restart mp_restartgame 14
- changelevel de_cache - the map of the match will be changed to Cache. Replace de_cache with names of other maps, such as de_inferno, de_dust, de_overpass, de_train, de_mirage, de_nuke, or de_cbble
CS:GO Commands for Teams and Players
- mp_limitteams 0 - both teams will have no limit on the allowed number of players
- mp_autoteambalance 0 - removes auto-balancing for the number of players in both teams
- mp_fadetoblack 1 - when a character dies, this player sees a CSGO black screen
- mp_forcechasecam - this command with different values activates various modes after the death of a character: for the flight mode, 1 to watch the game of teammates, 2 to observe the match from the death spot
- mp_respawn_immunitytime 30 - game characters will be invulnerable for 30 seconds after the round start. Other values are acceptable (in seconds)
- mp_respawn_on_death_ct 1 - the command activates respawn of counter-terrorists immediately after death. There are similar commands for terrorists (mp_respawn_on_death_t 1)
- mp_randomspawn 0 - a standard spawn on the map. With the value 1 this command activates a random spawn for T and CT teams, with 2 for T, and with 3 for CT
- mp_friendlyfire 1 - enables shooting at teammates
- banid 0 - to ban someone by their Steam ID forever. Use other numbers in the value to set the ban time in minutes
- banip 0 - a permanent ban by IP. Also, you can indicate time in minutes
- kicked - to kick someone from the game by Steam ID
- kick nickname - to kick someone by their nickname
- kill - every character in the game dies
Commands to Give Money in CSGO
- mp_startmoney 10000 - players get the specified amount of money. This CS:GO money command can be used at the start of the game
- mp_maxmoney 10000 - teams can earn in the game not more than specified amount
- mp_afterroundmoney 10000 - teams get the entered amount of money at the end of a round, so it’s the infinite money CS:GO command
CS:GO Bot Commands
- bot_quota 4 - this command determines how many bots are acceptable for the CS:GO teams
- bot_add - a bot will be added to a team with fewer players (one of the most popular Counter Strike Global Offensive bot commands)
- bot_add_t - the terrorist team will get a bot
- bot_add_ct - the counter-terrorist team will get a bot
- bot_kick - that’s how to remove bots in CS:GO, all of them
- bot_knives_only - bots battle with knives only
- bot_pistols_only - bots battle only with pistols
- bot_all_weapons - all the weapons are available for CS:GO bots
- bot_dont_shoot - the bots can’t shoot
- bot_stop - the bots can’t move
- bot_zombie 1 - to make the bots absolutely indifferent to everything around
- bot_crouch 1 - the bots are crouching
- bot_mimic 1 - to make the bots copy your actions
- bot_difficulty 1 - to set the bots difficulty. The possible values are from 0 to 2
- bot_kill - this command mercilessly kills all the bots
Additional Commands for CS:GO
- mp_death_drop_c4 0 - death of characters with the bomb will not lead to it dropping
- mp_death_drop_defuser 0 - death of characters with the defuser will not lead to it dropping
- mp_c4timer 30 - the bomb explosion will take 30 seconds (or your value)
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 3 - players can take only three grenades. You can set your value
- ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 3 - players can get only specified number of flash grenades
- mp_buy_allow_grenades 0 - this command disables the possibility to buy grenades
- mp_free_armor 1 - free armor (Kevlar and Helmet) for all players at the game start
Valve introduced this Battle Royle mode at the end of 2018. CS:GO Danger Zone is probably not the most popular in-game entertainment, but it still can offer a lot of fun.
Here are some console commands to make changes to this mode. Of course, they will only work if you create your own private server - so, these are a kind of practice commands.
- cl_compass_enabled 0/1 - to enable/disable the compass
- cl_tablet_mapmode 1/2 - the map on your tablet will rotate with the movements (1) or will always be still (2)
- sv_dz_player_max_health 120 - the amount of health for players
- sv_dz_player_spawn_armor 0/1 - to disable/enable armor after spawn. By default, it’s disabled
- sv_dz_player_spawn_health 120 - health after spawn
- sv_dz_zone_damage 1 - damage by the danger zone
- sv_dz_reset_danger_zone - to restart the game
- sv_dz_team_count 5 - to set the number of players in a team
- dz_shuffle_teams - to shuffle players in the teams
- ui_playsettings_mode_official_dz - this command returns the default setting for the mode Danger Zone
Real cheating is an awful thing to do in games! Cheaters spoil the experience for everyone around them and ultimately even for themselves. Games should be fair to bring the fullness of excitement. Plus, it is not the best feeling when you win round after round, knowing perfectly well that it was possible only because of a cheating application, and you are a loser without it…
Here we will talk about cheating console commands – you will be unable to use them on the official servers, so they won’t influence your CS:GO rank. These commands are good for having fun with friends or in the game against bots.
- sv_cheats 1 - the basic command that should be entered first. Without it, all the following will not work
- sv_cheats 0 - use such value to disable all cheating in your game
Miraculous Abilities in CS:GO
- god - everything is possible for your in-game character after entering this command. He is invulnerable to attack, and this allows you to explore various playing styles with no fear of being killed soon after the start or just in the middle of an experimental action
- gods - the same command of invulnerability but it affects all the players in the match
CS:GO Commands to See through Walls
- NoClip - it’s a CS:GO wallhack command to see and walk through walls
- r_drawothermodels 2 - to see all in-game characters through the walls. Enter the value 1 to return to the standard view
- sv_specnoclip 1 - this command gives extra abilities in the spectacular mode, to fly and walk through walls
- sv_specspeed 1.5 - to set the speed of in-game characters in the spectacular mode
- sv_maxspeed 500 - the maximum speed of your character. The default value is 350
CS:GO Bunnyhop Сommands
- sv_enablebunnyhopping 1 - it’s the CS:GO bunny hop command for special jumps in the virtual world (if you like such fun, you may also enjoy CS:GO Surf)
- sv_staminamax 0 - to cancel limits on the energy for your character
- sv_staminajumpcost 0 - jumps take no stamina away
- sv_staminalandcost 0 - landing takes no stamina away
- sv_staminarecoveryrate 0 - no need to recover the character after jumps
- sv_airaccelerate 2000 - receiving acceleration whilst in the air
- sv_accelerate_use_weapon_speed 0 - bunny hops characteristics do not depend on held weapons
- sv_grenade_trajectory 1 - to see trajectories of grenades and hitting spots. This command opens a good way to improve your skills of using grenades
- sv_grenade_trajectory_time 9 - grenades’ trajectories will be visible only for 9 seconds. Change the value of this command and you’ll change the time
- sv_showbullethits 1 - for showing places where bullets hit game characters. This command can help to improve the accuracy of your shooting
- sv_showimpacts 1 - to see places, where bullets enter various objects on the maps
- sv_showimpacts_time 9 - with this value, you’ll see the impact of your bullets for 9 seconds. Set your value by changing the time
- sv_infinite_ammo 1 - to have countless ammo for your weapons but with the necessity to reload them. Change the value with* **2** *to shoot without reloading
- give weapon_deagle - Desert Eagle
- give weapon_revolver - R8 Revolver
- give weapon_glock - Glock-18
- give weapon_usp_silencer - USP-S
- give weapon_cz75a - CZ75-Auto
- give weapon_fiveseven - Five-SeveN
- give weapon_p250 - P250
- give weapon_tec9 - Tec-9
- give weapon_elite - Dual Berettas
- give weapon_hkp2000 - P2000
- give weapon_mp9 - MP9
- give weapon_mac10 - MAC-10
- give weapon_bizon - PP-Bizon
- give weapon_mp7 - MP7
- give weapon_ump45 - UMP-45
- give weapon_p90 - P90
- give weapon_mp5sd - MP5-SD
- give weapon_famas - FAMAS
- give weapon_galilar - Galil AR
- give weapon_m4a4 - M4A4
- give weapon_m4a1_silencer - M4A1-S
- give weapon_ak47 - AK-47
- give weapon_aug - AUG
- give weapon_sg553 - SG-553
- give weapon_ssg08 - SSG 08
- give weapon_awp - AWP
- give weapon_scar20 - SCAR-20
- give weapon_g3sg1 - G3SG1
- give weapon_nova - Nova
- give weapon_xm1014 - XM1014
- give weapon_mag7 - MAG-7
- give weapon_sawedoff - Sawed-Off
- give weapon_m249 - M249
- give weapon_negev - Negev
- give weapon_bayonet - Bayonet
- give weapon_m9_bayonet - М9 Bayonet
- give weapon_butterfly - Butterfly Knife
- give weapon_falchion - Falchion Knife
- give weapon_flip - Flip Knife
- give weapon_gut - Gut Knife
- give weapon_tactical - Huntsman Knife
- give weapon_karambit - Karambit
- give weapon_survival_bowie - Bowie Knife
- give weapon_knife_push - Shadow Dagger
- give weapon_knife_t - Default terrorists knife
- give weapon_knife_ct - Default counter-terrorists knife
- give weapon_knifegg - Gold Knife
- give weapon_knife_ursus - Ursus Knife
- give weapon_knife_gypsy_jackknife - Navaja Knife
- give weapon_knife_stiletto - Stiletto Knife
- give weapon_knife_widowmaker - Talon Knife
- give weapon_knife_canis - Survival Knife
- give weapon_knife_cord - Paracord Knife
- give weapon_knife_skeleton - Skeleton Knife
- give weapon_knife_outdoor - Nomad Knife
- give weapon_decoy - Decoy
- give weapon_flashbang - Flashbang Grenade
- give weapon_smokegrenade - Smoke Grenade
- give weapon_hegrenade - HE Grenade
- give weapon_molotov - Molotov Cocktail (T)
- give weapon_incgrenade - Incendiary Grenade (CT)
- give weapon_heavyassaultsuit - Heavy Assault Suit
- give weapon_taser - Zeus x27
- give weapon_c4 - C4 bomb
To shoot accurately, you should understand CS:GO Spray Patterns and Recoil Compensation - check them out in this guide.
Entering all those commands is quite a task. To not repeat the same actions again and again, you can save them in various ways.
Special Saving Command
- mat_savechanges - everything you did in the CS:GO developer console will be saved for further games.
CS:GO Config File Command
A bit of a different way is to save your console changes to the config file. Normally it is located here – Steam\userdata[your Steam ID]\730\local\cfg\config.cfg. It might be useful to copy the existing file before making changes. Then you’ll be able to return to the default settings more quickly.
- host_writeconfig - this is the command for activating the saving process. Everything you’ve entered in the console will be now a part of the configuration file.
It is also possible to create your own config file through special editors like Notepad ++. Open your default config.cfg with this application, then save it to the same folder but with the name autoexec.cfg. Edit it, and the game will use these configurations in your matches. You can add any console command from this list, but you have to follow the rule – all the values must be surrounded by quote marks (for example, fps_max “120”).
Another interesting option is to bind CS:GO commands to the keyboard buttons, so you will be able to activate and disable them very quickly. Check out the details in the article The Best Binds for CS:GO.
There is an alternative way to enter console commands. You can do it even before the game starts through Launch Options - make some changes here and they will be active each time you enter CS:GO.
We have described Launch Options in this detailed guide - check it out for more information.
For returning to the default game settings, you can:
- Delete your custom autoexec.cfg file;
- Clear your standard config.cfg file;
- Delete config.cfg file – the game will install a new one during the next launch.
There’s no need to remember all the commands from this article. DMarket is always here if you need to trade CS:GO skins from your inventory or if you are looking for helpful guides. To make sure you don’t miss anything interesting, follow DMarket on Facebook and Twitter.