The Most Helpful CS:GO Console Commands
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a unique game for many various reasons. It’s one of the most popular and profitable esports disciplines, it’s a deep and super satisfying multiplayer shooting experience, and also, it’s a very flexible environment - with many personalization options. If you need to adjust your in-game settings to remove some inconvenience on your way to success, you can use CS:GO console commands from this detailed guide.
How to Use Console Commands in CS:GO?
The game has more than three thousand commands that change different settings. Each of these has its own specific purpose. For example, CS:GO console commands help to:
- Make the game interface more convenient for you;
- Improve game performance on an outdated PC;
- Change CS:GO crosshair to make your shots even more accurate;
- Activate CS:GO cheat commands to create special conditions for training or just to have fun with friends;
- Change settings for your mouse.
There is one major thing that can’t be changed with the CSGO console commands - and that’s the appearance of your weapon arsenal. To look great during matches you may have to spend long hours hoping to get something nice from the random drop. Or instead, you can buy CS:GO skins on DMarket and amaze everyone on the server with your unique style.
How to Open Console on CSGO?
To enter a console command, you must activate the console. This is a very simple process.
- To open the console in CS:GO, press the tilde button ~ while you are playing the game.
By default, the possibility to activate the console is enabled. If the tilde doesn’t work, this is how to enable console in CSGO:
- Enter the game Settings Menu;
- Choose the Game Settings;
- Select Yes near Enable Developer Console.
Most of the professional players use console commands - as these allow their talent to bloom to its full power. Some of these guys are mentioned in this post as The 10 Best CS:GO Players in the World (2020).
Most of the games differ from the real world by the inclusion of convenient icons and windows that fly in front of your eyes and give various helpful information - a feature enabled since the classic FPS. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, players have a radar and info on the weapon, bullets, health, and opponents in the match.
Usually, this interface is called HUD, heads up display. The game gives quite a lot of possibilities to customize it. You can do it with codes from this CS:GO commands list:
CSGO Radar Commands
- cl_hud_radar_scale 1 - changes the value to make the radar bigger or smaller. The default value is 1. You can use numbers from 0.8 to 1.3
- cl_radar_scale 0.7 - this command changes the size of objects on the radar. The possible values are 0.25 to 1
- cl_radar_square_with_scoreboard 0/1 - the radar becomes square when you open the scoreboard (1) or remains round (0)
- cl_drawhud_force_radar -1/0/1 - conditions for showing the radar on the screen: never (-1) or when HUD is disabled (1) or enabled (0)
- cl_teammate_colors_show 0/1 - to turn off/on different colors for your teammates on the radar
- cl_radar_rotate 0/1 - the radar rotates with your game character (1) or it remains still (0)
- cl_radar_always_centered 0/1 - the radar is centered around your character (1) or not (0)
- hideradar - to remove radar
CS:GO HUD Commands
- cl_hud_color 0-10 - different basic colors of the in-game interface
- cl_hud_playercount_showcount 0/1 - disables/enables the player count menu as numbers of alive players. In the disabled condition, you will see Steam avatars
- cl_hud_playercount_pos 0/1 - to place the player count menu to the upper side of the screen (0) or to the bottom (1)
- +cl_show_team_equipment - you will see the names of your teammates and their equipment above their heads during the whole round. To return the default settings (the info only at the start), use the disabling command -cl_show_team_equipment
- +showscores or +score - the game score will be always visible on the screen. To disable, use -showscores or -score
- cl_drawhud_force_deathnotices -1/0/1 - info on kills never appears on the screen (-1) or it is shown when HUD is disabled (1) or enabled (0)
- cl_hud_bomb_under_radar 0/1 - if you carry the bomb, its icon will appear underneath radar (1) or will be disabled (0)
- cl_hud_healthammo_style 0/1 - to see info on your health and armor only as numbers (1) or as numbers and the bar (0)
- cl_spec_swapplayersides - places players and teams names to the other side of the screen (1) or returns them to the default one (0). The command affects HUD for spectators
- hud_scaling 0.85 - makes all the HUD elements bigger or smaller. Use the values from 0.5 to 0.95
- mapoverview_icon_scale 2 - icons on the map overview become twice bigger. Return the default condition with the value 1
- hud_showtargetid 0/1 - to hide/show info on opponents when you hover over them
Commands to Reload HUD
- hud_reloadscheme - the HUD will be reloaded to apply all the custom changes
- cl_reload_hud - use this command to cancel all the changes to CS:GO HUD and return the default settings
Along with knowing all the HUD elements, good CS:GO players should know all the places on their virtual maps. These are not indicated on the screen, but you can discover their names in this very helpful guide: All CS:GO Map Callouts.
Owners of good gaming computers can skip this part. The commands here bring some small changes to the settings that will decrease the PC load.
- r_eyemove 0, r_gloss 0 - to remove movements and shine of the game characters’ eyes
- cl_disable_ragdolls 1 - no ragdolls technology
- dsp_slow_cpu 1 - activates lower quality of in-game sounds
- cl_downloadfilter nosounds - prevent downloading of custom sounds (Music Kits)
CS:GO Ping Commands
It’s better to play with low ping - there is almost no delay between actions on the server and on your screen. Ping is also a significant part of the performance for multiplayer games. It can be adjusted by using this command: mm_dedicated_search_maxping 80000 - max allowed ping, where 1000 in the value is 1 second
Most of the graphics and CS:GO sound settings are available through the usual in-game tools. Still, you might also need some console commands.
- mat_monitorgamma 1.8 - brightness of the virtual world (CSGO brightness command). Usually use values from 1.6 to 2.1. Make sure that you play in a well-lit environment to decrease contrast of the monitor brightness and surrounding space
- volume 1 - to set the volume of all the sounds
- snd_musicvolume 1 - the music volume
- snd_headphone_pan_exponent 1 - the volume of sounds from the distance
- voice_enable 0 - the command with this value turns off all the voices in the chat. Set 1 to return the standard setting
- voice_enable 0 - it’s how to mute everyone in CS:GO on the voice chat
- voice_scale 2 - to scale the volume in the voice chat (use your value)
- windows_speaker_config 1-5 - to indicate which audio device you are using. The value 2 is for a headset, 3 is using four speakers, 4 is two speakers, and 5 is for the 5.1 surround system. The value 1 is default by the computer
CS:GO Commands for In-game Elements
- hud_showtargetid 0 - to disable players’ names while you’re pointing the crosshair CS GO over their characters
- cl_draw_only_deathnotices 1 - to see only death notifications during the game
- v_showbullethits 0 - with this command, there will be no blood in the virtual world of CS:GO
- r_cleardecals - to remove all the damages and splashed blood
- con_filter_enable 2->con_filter_text Damage->con_filter_text_out Player - this combination of CS:GO console commands activates showing statistics on caused damage after the death of your character
- cam_idealdist 150 - how far the camera is from your character during the game
- cam_idealyaw 0 - determines the position of the camera in the circle around the character
- cam_command 1 - activates the game view from the third person perspective
- cl_righthand 0-1 - to change the weapon hand (right-left).
- viewmodel_presetpos 1 - the command for changing views of the weapons. The value 1 is for default, 2 is for a closed view, and 3 is the classic CS 1.6 view
- viewmodel_offset_x 1 / viewmodel_offset_y 1 / viewmodel_offset_z 1 - these commands change the position of your character’s hand on x-, y-, and z-axis. The possible values are from -2 to 2.5
- viewmodel_fov 33 - determines how far your character holds weapons. The allowed values are from -54 to 65
One of the fun CS:GO commands is:
- hud_takesshots 0/1 - disables/enables automatic screenshots at the match end. Imagine how fun it is to share your success with online friends!
Use the following commands to change specific conditions of shooting matches and improve some of your skills. These will be helpful if you can’t practice in the usual multiplayer matches - for example, due to the high speed of game events.
Another effective way to improve your skills is by checking out our guide How to Become a Global Elite Rank in CS:GO
CS:GO Warm-up Commands
- mp_do_warmup_period 1 - game matches will have a period for warming-up. It’s a good way to prepare for the shootouts
- mp_warmuptime 180 - with this command, your warm-up periods will last for 3 minutes. Set your value in seconds to change the time
- mp_warmup_start - manual start of warm-up periods. The command mp_warmup_end is the manual finish
- mp_warmup_end - use this command to finish the warmup stage instantly
- mp_endwarmup_player_count 7 - the warmup period continues until the specified number of people join the game (replace 7 with your number)
CS:GO Weapon Buying Commands
- mp_buytime 30 - this command makes 30 second periods of purchasing weapons at the start of matches. Change the value to set a different time
- mp_buy_anywhere 1 - both teams will be able to buy weapons anywhere on the map. Change the value with 2 to activate this feature only for terrorists, and with 3 – for counter-terrorists
- mp_freezetime 30 - the starting time of unmoved players will be 30 seconds. Change the value for your time. This period is significant for those players who already have weapons from the previous round and don’t need to buy anything new. How long do they stay still?
If you want to try another weapon be sure to check all csgo give weapon commands before.
Commands for Rounds and Matches
- mp_roundtime 180 - the rounds will last for 3 minutes. Set your time in seconds
- mp_maxrounds 36 - in matches there will be no more than 36 rounds
- mp_timelimit 60 - the whole game will last not more than one hour. Set your time in minutes
- mp_ignore_round_win_conditions - the game will continue the entire set time, regardless of the number of rounds won by one team
- mp_round_restart_delay 9 - game rounds will restart with a delay of 9 seconds (your own value is possible as usual)
- mp_restartgame - immediate restart of the game. Add numbers to this command, and they will determine time in seconds till the restart mp_restartgame 14
- changelevel de_cache - the map of the match will be changed to Cache. Replace de_cache with names of other maps, such as de_inferno, de_dust, de_overpass, de_train, de_mirage, de_nuke, or de_cbble
CS:GO Commands for Teams and Players
- mp_limitteams 0 - both teams will have no limit on the allowed number of players
- mp_autoteambalance 0 - removes auto-balancing for the number of players in both teams
- mp_fadetoblack 1 - when a character dies, this player sees a CSGO black screen
- mp_forcechasecam - this command with different values activates various modes after the death of a character: for the flight mode, 1 to watch the game of teammates, 2 to observe the match from the death spot
- mp_respawn_immunitytime 30 - game characters will be invulnerable for 30 seconds after the round start. Other values are acceptable (in seconds)
- mp_respawn_on_death_ct 1 - the command activates respawn of counter-terrorists immediately after death. There are similar commands for terrorists (mp_respawn_on_death_t 1)
- mp_randomspawn 0 - a standard spawn on the map. With the value 1 this command activates a random spawn for T and CT teams, with 2 for T, and with 3 for CT
- mp_friendlyfire 1 - enables shooting at teammates
- banid 0 - to ban someone by their Steam ID forever. Use other numbers in the value to set the ban time in minutes
- banip 0 - a permanent ban by IP. Also, you can indicate time in minutes
- kicked - to kick someone from the game by Steam ID
- kick nickname - to kick someone by their nickname
- kill - every character in the game dies
Commands to Give Money in CSGO
- mp_startmoney 10000 - players get the specified amount of money. This CS:GO money command can be used at the start of the game
- mp_maxmoney 10000 - teams can earn in the game not more than specified amount
- mp_afterroundmoney 10000 - teams get the entered amount of money at the end of a round, so it’s the infinite money CS:GO command
Additional Commands for CS:GO
- mp_death_drop_c4 0 - death of characters with the bomb will not lead to it dropping
- mp_death_drop_defuser 0 - death of characters with the defuser will not lead to it dropping
- mp_c4timer 30 - the bomb explosion will take 30 seconds (or your value)
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 3 - players can take only three grenades. You can set your value
- ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 3 - players can get only specified number of flash grenades
- mp_buy_allow_grenades 0 - this command disables the possibility to buy grenades
- mp_free_armor 1 - free armor (Kevlar and Helmet) for all players at the game start
Valve introduced this Battle Royale mode at the end of 2018. CS:GO Danger Zone is probably not the most popular in-game entertainment, but it still can offer a lot of fun.
Here are some console commands to make changes to this mode. Of course, they will only work if you create your own private server - so, these are a kind of practice commands.
- cl_compass_enabled 0/1 - to enable/disable the compass
- cl_tablet_mapmode 1/2 - the map on your tablet will rotate with the movements (1) or will always be still (2)
- sv_dz_player_max_health 120 - the amount of health for players
- sv_dz_player_spawn_armor 0/1 - to disable/enable armor after spawn. By default, it’s disabled
- sv_dz_player_spawn_health 120 - health after spawn
- sv_dz_zone_damage 1 - damage by the danger zone
- sv_dz_reset_danger_zone - to restart the game
- sv_dz_team_count 5 - to set the number of players in a team
- dz_shuffle_teams - to shuffle players in the teams
- ui_playsettings_mode_official_dz - this command returns the default setting for the mode Danger Zone
For returning to the default game settings, you can:
- Delete your custom autoexec.cfg file;
- Clear your standard config.cfg file;
- Delete config.cfg file – the game will install a new one during the next launch.
CS:GO console commands are an excellent tool for organizing a comfortable game. They can be used to control the interface, weapons, graphics, and improve the performance of the game. Check out CS:GO bot commands to practice your game.
This guide learned you which commands are better for game performance, which commands to use if you can’t practice in the usual multiplayer matches. We also looked at the most common cheating commands you can use for fun while playing with your friends or bots. Hope you found this information helpful and are in a hurry to apply these commands in the game!
Trade on the go - install the mobile app of DMarket from Google Play or App Store. Never miss great prices and unique skins. The best CS:GO, Dota 2, Rust and TF2 marketplace is always at hand!
There’s no need to remember all the commands from this article. DMarket is always here if you need to trade CS:GO skins from your inventory or if you are looking for helpful guides. To make sure you don’t miss anything interesting, follow DMarket on Facebook and Twitter.