Full List of Essential CS:GO Console Commands
- What CS:GO console commands are for?
- Some practical uses for the console commands
- How to activate it?
- CS:GO Crosshair settings
- Commands for training mode
- “Cheating” commands
- CS:GO graphics and sound commands
- Mouse settings
- Ways to save your settings
- CS:GO launch options
- How to cancel all the custom settings?
There are different stages of mastering CS:GO. At the start, we just learn how to shoot and try to remember every single detail of the maps. Sometime later on, pro-players come up with tricky strategies. In the middle… ok, lots of things happen in the middle, and one of them is discovering the power of the developer console. It allows you to set various game parameters and make the playing process convenient so your skills shine through.
This article is all about CS:GO console commands. With it, you will know what the console is and what you can do through it. You can also check csgo spray patterns and recoil compensation guide on DMarket blog.
Don’t wait for a magical moment when you feel ready to move to the middle stage and to learn these commands – that feeling might not come. So to boost your progress, check the commands in this list and make the most of the in-game possibilities they open for you. Then return to this post when you find a usage for one command console or another. Copy and paste it from your web browser directly to the game.
If you’re looking for more fundamental tips, check out our CS:GO tips for beginners!
First of all, let’s make this clear – console commands aren’t incantations to improve your skills or to use dirty tricks. They are codes to adjust some of the game aspects. For example, here are the most popular purposes for using CS:GO commands:
- To make the CS GO crosshair more comfortable for a particular player;
- To activate training mode and to make it dedicated to some specific goals;
- To “cheat” in offline matches or on your own servers;
- To check the game performance and to take steps for improving it;
- To create a convenient game interface;
- To set your mouse…
As you might notice, console commands in CS:GO help to make the game comfortable just for you, so they indirectly let you play better, get more skins and cases in the game, and to sell them profitably on csgo skin sites such as DMarket.
Before we delve into the actual list of such commands, let’s answer a few questions of gamers – some of the commands will enable the best possible decisions. Maybe you are looking for this information too, so get it quick without checking the whole article.
How do I enable console on CS:GO?
Open the Settings menu in the game, choose “Game Settings,” and indicate “yes” near the item “Enable Developer Console.”
How do you show your FPS in CS:GO?
This command will help – cl_showfps 1. Read farther to learn how to improve the game performance on your computer. Now you know what is the command to show fps in CSGO. Keep in line!
How do I change my mouse sensitivity in CS GO?
To change CS:GO mouse sensitivity value, you need change a number in sensitivity 2.5 console command, where is 2.5 it’s the speed of your mouse sensitivity.
How do I change my crosshair size in CS:GO?
Use cl_crosshairsize 0.5 command to change crosshair size, where 0.5 it’s his value.
How do you play left handed in CS GO?
Use CS:GO left-hand command - cl_righthand 0, it’s mean that you turn off the right hand in the game. The command also will answer the question “How do I change my weapon position in CS GO?”. Try it!
How do I enable walls in CS:GO console?
First, enable “cheating” in your game (for example, on your server). The command for this is sv_cheats 1.
To see and walk through walls, enter the command – NoClip - it’s Console CS:GO Wallhack Command .
How do I change my max velocity in CS:GO?
Again, you need “cheating” enabled first – sv_cheats 1.
Then use the command sv_maxspeed 500. The default value here is 350.
How do you give weapons in CS:GO?
Use the command give weapon_[weapon name] – add to it the code name of a weapon of your choice. You can find the full list of the names in this article below. Such a miracle works only in training matches – you can’t get any weapon you want for free in online competitions on the official servers.
How to remove bots in CS:GO?
bot_kick — it’s how to kick all bots in CS:GO from the current game.
How do I add more bots in CS:GO?
bot_add — it’s how to add bots in CS:GO, the bots will be added in both teams one by one.
How do you get infinite money in CSGO?
You can’t get unlimited amount of money, only $16000 it’s maximum. For Game start use mp_startmoney 16000 to set money at the beginning of the game and mp_afterroundmoney 16000 this CS:GO give money command will set amount of money for each new round.
Even if we perceive the game as tough battles of terrorists and counter-terrorists, it is in fact a huge amount of programming code. Various commands interact with each other, create the virtual world and everything you see on the screen.
The developer console is like a small door to the internal mechanisms of the game. Through it, you can change something in the existing code or add totally new commands.
That door is not unguarded – Valve doesn’t allow anyone to do anything they want with the code of CS:GO. Console commands CS:GO exist only because the developer allows them, so their number is limited.
So, how do I bring up console in CS:GO?
The developer console can be activated during the game by pressing a special key. By default, it’s “~” (tilde).
CS:GO console won't open?
First, the developer console should be enabled through the game settings. To do so:
- Click the sign of Settings Menu in the left panel of new Panoramic UI.
- Choose the Game Settings item in the upper menu.
- Indicate Yes near the item Enable Developer Console.
That’s it! But, how to open console in CS GO? Press the ~ button anytime in the game and the window of the developer console will appear. Paste any code from the following CS:GO command list there and press Enter. Also, you can start typing a command and then choose one of the proposed options.
Very often, just typing a command is not enough – you should put a value for it. This might be a 1⁄0 command, where the value 1 enables it, and 0 disables. Some commands ask for specific numbers in value – like 0-4 for cl_crosshairstyle, which activate five various crosshair styles. Possible values of particular commands are specified in this CS:GO guide.
Many professional players on such CS:GO Esports events as Faceit Major: London 2018, use their unique CS:GO Pro crosshairs instead of defaults. Any player can do the same – through the general settings menu and through the following console commands.
Making the crosshair suitable for your demands is a significant step for improving your playing style. Use different variants and play with each for enough time to truly feel it. Make the decision about your favorite crosshair only after getting some experience with a few possible models. So, how to change crosshair in CS:GO?
CS:GO Crosshair Commands
- crosshair 1 – standard view activated - CS:GO Custom Crosshair;
- crosshair 0 – no crosshair at all. You should be a super skilled player to battle competently without the crosshair. Professionals do not do so.
Five basic crosshair styles:
- cl_crosshairstyle 0 – the default style with dynamic movements of the crosshair parts during shots and movements;
- cl_crosshairstyle 1 – the static default style;
- cl_crosshairstyle 2 – the classic crosshair from the original Counter-Strike game (CS 1.6);
- cl_crosshairstyle 3 – the classic crosshair with the dynamic feature;
- cl_crosshairstyle 4 – the static version of the classic crosshair.
CSGO Crosshair colors:
- cl_crosshaircolor 0 – red;
- cl_crosshaircolor 1 – green;
- cl_crosshaircolor 2 – yellow;
- cl_crosshaircolor 3 – dark blue;
- cl_crosshaircolor 4 – light blue;
- cl_crosshaircolor 5 – a custom color. With this command, you should specify shades of red, green, and blue (cl_crosshaircolor_r 0–255, cl_crosshaircolor_g 0–255, cl_crosshaircolor_b 0–255).
Size of crosshair:
- cl_crosshairsize 0.5 – this command activates the length of the lines, change the value to increase them;
- cl_crosshairthickness 0.5 – thickness of the lines.
- cl_crosshairgap 1 – size of the central gap. Add your value to make it bigger or even smaller (with negative numbers).
- cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1 – a dark outline of the crosshair;
- cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 0-3 – determines how thick the outline will be;
- cl_crosshairusealpha 1 – a transparent crosshair. Add the command cl_crosshairalpha 0-255 to set the intensity of transparency.
- cl_crosshairdot 1 – for adding a dot to the middle of the crosshair. With using this command and cl_crosshairsize 0, there will be a crosshair-dot on the screen.
Only with regular practice you will be able to play CS:GO better. It may seem like all you have to do is to delve into matchmaking again and again, adding hundreds of hours to your in-game experience. On the one hand, that is true!
But on the other, you might miss something in “real” matches – they are so fast that there are no ways to work on some aspects of your style, like accurate shooting with a particular weapon in a particular position. Offline matches with bots can help immensely. Creating a match with specific conditions might become even more helpful. Here are CS:GO commands for this.
CS:GO Practice Commands
- mp_do_warmup_period 1 – game matches will have a period for warming-up. It’s a good way to prepare for the shootouts.
- mp_warmuptime 180 – with this command, your warm-up periods will last for 3 minutes. Set your value in seconds to change the time.
- mp_warmup_start – manual start of warm-up periods. The command mp_warmup_end is the manual finish.
- mp_buytime 30 – this command makes 30 second periods of purchasing weapons at the start of matches. Change the value to set a different time.
- mp_buy_anywhere 1 – both teams will be able to buy weapons anywhere on the map. Change the value with 2 to activate this feature only for terrorists, and with 3 – for counter-terrorists.
- mp_freezetime 30 – the starting time of unmoved players will be 30 seconds. Change the value for your time. This period is significant for those players who already have weapons from the previous round and don’t need to buy anything new. How long do they stay still?
Rounds and matches:
- mp_roundtime 180 – the rounds will last for 3 minutes. Set your time in seconds.
- mp_maxrounds 36 – in matches there will be no more than 36 rounds.
- mp_timelimit 60 – the whole game will last not more than one hour. Set your time in minutes.
- mp_ignore_round_win_conditions – the game will continue the entire set time, regardless of the number of rounds won by one team.
- mp_round_restart_delay 9 – game rounds will restart with a delay of 9 seconds (your own value is possible as usual).
- mp_restartgame – immediate restart of the game. Add numbers to this command, and they will determine time in seconds till the restart (mp_restartgame 14).
- changelevel de_cache – the map of the match will be changed to Cache. Replace “de_cache” with names of other maps, such as de_inferno, de_dust, de_overpass, de_train, de_mirage, de_nuke, or de_cbble.
Teams and players:
- mp_limitteams 0 – both teams will have no limit on the allowed number of players.
- mp_autoteambalance 0 – removes auto-balancing for the number of players in both teams.
- mp_fadetoblack 1 – when a character dies, this player sees a CSGO black screen.
- mp_forcechasecam – this command with different values activates various modes after the death of a character: **** for the flight mode, 1 to watch the game of teammates, 2 to observe the match from the death spot.
- mp_respawn_immunitytime 30 – game characters will be invulnerable for 30 seconds after the round start. Other values are acceptable (in seconds).
- mp_respawn_on_death_ct 1 – the command activates respawn of counter-terrorists immediately after death. There are similar commands for terrorists (mp_respawn_on_death_t 1).
- mp_randomspawn 0 – a standard spawn on the map. With the value 1 this command activates a random spawn for T and CT teams, with 2 – for T, and with 3 – for CT.
- mp_friendlyfire 1 – enables shooting at teammates.
- banid 0 – to ban someone by their Steam ID forever. Use other numbers in the value to set the ban time in minutes.
- banip 0 – a permanent ban by IP. Also, you can indicate time in minutes.
- kicked – to kick someone from the game by Steam ID.
- kick nickname – to kick someone by their nickname.
- kill – every character in the game dies.
What is the command to give money in CSGO?
- mp_startmoney 10000 – players get the specified amount of money. This CS:GO money command can be used at the start of the game.
- mp_maxmoney 10000 – teams can earn in the game not more than specified amount.
- mp_afterroundmoney 10000 – teams get the entered amount of money at the end of a round.
CS:GO Bot commands:
- bot_quota 4 – this command determines how many bots are acceptable for the CS:GO teams.
- bot_add – a bot will be added to a team with fewer players (one of the most popular Counter Strike Global Offensive bot commands).
- bot_add_t – the terrorist team will get a bot.
- bot_add_ct – the counter-terrorist team will get a bot.
- bot_kick – all the bots will be removed.
- bot_knives_only – bots battle with knives only.
- bot_pistols_only – bots battle only with pistols.
- bot_all_weapons – all the weapons are available for CS:GO bots.
- bot_dont_shoot – the bots can’t shoot.
- bot_stop – the bots can’t move.
- bot_zombie 1 – to make the bots absolutely indifferent to everything around.
- bot_crouch 1 – the bots are crouching.
- bot_mimic 1 – to make the bots copy your actions;
- bot_difficulty 1 – to set the bots difficulty. The possible values are from 0 to 2.
- bot_kill – this command mercilessly kills all the bots.
- mp_death_drop_c4 0 – death of characters with the bomb will not lead to it dropping.
- mp_death_drop_defuser 0 – death of characters with the defuser will not lead to it dropping.
- mp_c4timer 30 – the bomb explosion will take 30 seconds (or your value).
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 3 – players can take only three grenades. You can set your value.
- ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 3 – players can get only specified number of flash grenades.
- mp_buy_allow_grenades 0 – this command disables the possibility to buy grenades.
- mp_free_armor 1 – free armor (Kevlar and Helmet) for all players at the game start.
Real cheating is an awful thing to do in games! Cheaters spoil the experience for everyone around and ultimately even for themselves. Games should be fair to bring the fullness of excitement. It’s not the best feeling when you win round after round, knowing perfectly well that it was possible only because of a cheating application, and you are a loser without it…
Here we will talk about “cheating” console commands – you will be unable to use them on the official servers, so they won’t influence your CS:GO rank. These commands are good for having fun with friends or in the game against bots. Such “cheating” activates different kinds of magic which is unavailable in the normal game.
Some gamers use these possibilities to expand their training, to practice some playing aspects, such as understanding behavior of other players by seeing them through walls. The difference between training and “cheating” commands is that the former are alternative parameters for matches and the latter open new abilities for players.
To make “cheating” possible:
- sv_cheats 1 – the basic command that should be entered first. Without it, all the following will not work.
- sv_cheats 0 – use such value to disable all “cheating” in your game.
- god – everything is possible for your in-game character after entering this command. He is invulnerable to attack, and this allows exploring various playing styles with no fear to be killed soon after the start or just in the middle of an experimental action.
- gods – the same command of invulnerability but it affects all the players in the match.
What is the command to see through walls in CSGO?
- NoClip – it’s CS:GO walls command to see and walk through walls.
- r_drawothermodels 2 – to see all in-game characters through the walls. Enter the value 1 to return to the standard view.
- sv_specnoclip 1 – this command gives extra abilities in the spectacular mode, to fly and walk through walls.
- sv_specspeed 1.5 – to set the speed of in-game characters in the spectacular mode.
- sv_maxspeed 500 – the maximum speed of your character. The default value is 350.
CS:GO Bunnyhop commands:
- sv_enablebunnyhopping 1 – to enable bunny hops (special jumps in the virtual world).
- sv_staminamax 0 – to cancel limits on the energy for your character.
- sv_staminajumpcost 0 – jumps take no stamina away.
- sv_staminalandcost 0 – landing takes no stamina.
- sv_staminarecoveryrate 0 – no need to recover the character after jumps.
- sv_airaccelerate 2000 – getting acceleration whilst in the air.
- sv_accelerate_use_weapon_speed 0 – bunny hops characteristics do not depend on held weapons.
- sv_grenade_trajectory 1 – to see trajectories of grenades and hitting spots. This command opens a good way to improve your skills of using grenades.
- sv_grenade_trajectory_time 9 – grenades’ trajectories will be visible only for 9 seconds. Change the value of this command and you’ll change the time.
- sv_showbullethits 1 – for showing places where bullets hit game characters. This command can help to improve accuracy of your shooting;
sv_showimpacts 1 – to see places, where bullets enter various objects on the maps;
sv_showimpacts_time 9 – with this value, you’ll see the impact of your bullets for 9 seconds. Set your value for changing the time.
sv_infinite_ammo 1 – to have countless ammo for your weapons but with the necessity to reload them. Change the value with 2 to shoot without reloading.
Any weapon for your game!
There are quite a lot of various weapons in CS:GO.
“How many guns are in CS:GO?”
In CS:GO is 34 guns!
Which of them you use depends on your playing style and individual preferences. Sometimes, players have difficulties with some guns and can’t practice with them enough – because of the in-game economy or because of a desire to win (I’d better use guns I know than risk it with more powerful but unfamiliar weapons.)
The following command can help in such situations! Use them to get any weapon you want in your practice matches.
give weapon_[a weapon name] – you should use special name codes with this CS:GO give weapon command. A summoned gun will appear in your virtual hands. If you have something else to hold, new weapons will fall on the floor. You’ll be able to throw the previous gun (“G” button) or swap by pressing “E”.
Here is how the command looks like with code names for various CS:GO weapons.
Give Weapon Command CS:GO List
- Desert Eagle – give weapon_deagle;
- R8 Revolver – give weapon_revolver;
- Glock-18 – give weapon_glock;
- USP-S – give weapon_usp_silencer;
- CZ75-Auto – give weapon_cz75a;
- Five-SeveN – give weapon_fiveseven;
- P250 – give weapon_p250;
- Tec-9 – give weapon_tec9;
- Dual Berettas – give weapon_elite;
- P2000 – give weapon_hkp2000.
- MP9 – give weapon_mp9;
- MAC-10 – give weapon_mac10;
- PP-Bizon – give weapon_bizon;
- MP7 – give weapon_mp7;
- UMP-45 – give weapon_ump45;
- P90 – give weapon_p90.
- FAMAS – give weapon_famas;
- Galil AR – give weapon_galilar;
- M4A4 – give weapon_m4a4;
- M4A1-S – give weapon_m4a1_silencer;
- AK-47 – give weapon_ak47;
- AUG – give weapon_aug;
- SG-553 – give weapon_sg553.
- SSG 08 – give weapon_ssg08;
- AWP – give weapon_awp;
- SCAR-20 – give weapon_scar20;
- G3SG1 – give weapon_g3sg1.
- Nova – give weapon_nova;
- XM1014 – give weapon_xm1014;
- MAG-7 – give weapon_mag7;
- Sawed-Off – give weapon_sawedoff.
- M249 – give weapon_m249;
- Negev – give weapon_negev.
- Bayonet – give weapon_bayonet;
- М9 Bayonet – give weapon_m9_bayonet;
- Butterfly Knife – give weapon_butterfly;
- Falchion Knife – give weapon_falchion;
- Flip Knife – give weapon_flip;
- Gut Knife – give weapon_gut;
- Huntsman Knife – give weapon_tactical;
- Karambit – give weapon_karambit;
- Bowie Knife – give weapon_survival_bowie;
- Shadow Dagger – give weapon_knife_push;
- Default terrorists knife – give weapon_knife_t;
- Default counter-terrorists knife – give weapon_knife_ct;
- Gold Knife – give weapon_knifegg.
- Decoy – give weapon_decoy;
- Flashbang Grenade – give weapon_flashbang;
- Smoke Grenade – give weapon_smokegrenade;
- HE Grenade – give weapon_hegrenade;
- Molotov Cocktail (T) – give weapon_molotov;
- Incendiary Grenade (CT) – give weapon_incgrenade.
- Heavy Assault Suit – give weapon_heavyassaultsuit;
- Zeus x27 – give weapon_taser;
- C4 bomb – give weapon_c4.
The best CS:GO console commands to improve game performance
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a modern online game, so good hardware is crucial. Your computer might run CS:GO even without such powerful parts as the graphics cards of the RTX 20-series. But if it’s rather a weak device, you might experience some issues with performance. That would be totally unpleasant – even a split second can be vital in an online multiplayer.
A perfect decision is to buy a new gaming computer or improve yours with better parts. Alas, this is not always possible, so special console commands might become very helpful. Here they are!
CS:GO FPS commands:
- fps_max 120 – sets the allowed max of FPS (frames per second). Make the value smaller to decrease load on the computer.
- fps_max 0 – to remove all limitations on FPS. Use this command with the value 1 (fps_max 1) to return the previous setting.
- cl_showfps 1 – use this CS:GO FPS command to enable the indicator of actual frames per second. As the value, you can enter **** to remove the indicator, and numbers 2-5 to add some technical information to FPS. This CS GO FPS command is strictly informative.
CS GO Commands to decrease graphics quality:
- r_drawparticles 0 – to remove various particles.
- func_break_max_pieces 0 – with this command, you disable some very small objects on the maps.
- muzzleflash_light 0 – to play without flashes from shots.
- r_drawtracers_firstperson 0 – no flashes of fire from your weapon.
- mat_disable_bloom 1 – to disable a bloom effect that usually makes the game image more beautiful.
- r_eyemove 0 – to disable characters’ eyes moving.
- r_gloss 0 – to disable eyes shining.
- r_dynamic 0 – to disable dynamic lighting.
- mat_queue_mode -1 – for multi-core rendering.
- cl_disable_ragdolls 1 – to remove the Ragdoll technology in the game physics along with the smoke (useful CS:GO smoke practice commands).
- dsp_slow_cpu 1 – decrease the quality of in-game sounds.
- snd_mixahead 0.1 – to set the delay in processing sounds. The value 0.1 is default. For powerful systems, you can use 0.05.
- cl_downloadfilter nosounds – to block downloading of custom sounds (from CS:GO music kits).
CS:GO ping command:
If your computer is quite powerful, but still there are many lags in the game, maybe you need to decrease ping. This parameter determines the delay in exchanging information between your computer and the server.
mm_dedicated_search_maxping 80000 – this command sets the max-allowed ping in for online matches. Set your value in milliseconds (1 second = 1000 milliseconds).
Most of the graphics and CS:GO sound settings are available through the usual in-game tools. Still, you might also need some console commands.
- mat_monitorgamma 1.8 – brightness of the virtual world (CSGO brightness command). Usually use values from 1.6 to 2.1. Make sure that you play in a well-lit environment to decrease contrast of the monitor brightness and surrounding space.
- volume 1 – to set the volume of all the sounds.
- snd_musicvolume 1 – the music volume.
- snd_headphone_pan_exponent 1 – the volume of sounds from the distance.
- voice_enable 0 – the command with this value turns off all the voices in the chat. Set 1 to return the standard setting.
- voice_enable 0 – it’s how to mute everyone in CS:GO on the voice chat.
- voice_scale 2 – to scale the volume in the voice chat (use your value).
- windows_speaker_config 1-5 – to indicate which audio device you are using. The value 2 is for a headset, 3 is using four speakers, 4 is two speakers, and 5 is for the 5.1 surround system. The value 1 is default by the computer.
Commands for adjusting the game interface
There are no doubts that everything on the screen should be convenient for you, every single icon should be in its best place. Make the game interface comfortable for you with these useful CS:GO commands.
- hud_scaling 0.5 – the command for making icons of the interface bigger or smaller. The value 0.5 is the smallest possible. Increase it if you need, but mind the allowed max of 0.95.
- cl_hud_playercount_pos 1 – the list of players in the match moves to the bottom side of the screen.
- cl_hud_playercount_showcount 1 – you’ll see the count of still alive characters instead of players’ avatars.
- cl_showloadout 1 – to move information about items in your inventory to the right lower corner of the screen.
- cl_hud_background_alpha 0.1 – the transparency level of the interface elements. Change the number to set your value.
- cl_hud_color 0-10 – sets various colors of the interface elements.
- cl_hud_background_alpha 1 – if you carry the bomb, its icon is shown under the radar.
- cl_drawhud 0 – the command to clear the screen from all the icons, keeping only in-game events.
- hud_showtargetid 0 – to disable players’ names while you’re pointing the crosshair CS GO over their characters.
- cl_draw_only_deathnotices 1 – to see only death notifications during the game.
- v_showbullethits 0 – with this command, there will be no blood in the virtual world of CS:GO.
- r_cleardecals – to remove all the damages and splashed blood.
- con_filter_enable 2 -> con_filter_text Damage -> con_filter_text_out Player – this combination of CS:GO console commands activates showing statistics on caused damage after the death of your character.
cam_idealdist 150 – how far the camera is from your character during the game.
cam_idealyaw 0 – determines the position of the camera in the circle around the character.
cam_command 1 – activates the game view from the third person perspective.
cl_righthand 0-1 – to change the weapon hand (right-left).
viewmodel_presetpos 1 – the command for changing views of the weapons. The value 1 is for default, 2 is for a closed view, and 3 is the classic CS 1.6 view.
viewmodel_offset_x 1, viewmodel_offset_y 1, and viewmodel_offset_z 1 – these commands change the position of your character’s hand on x-, y-, and z-axis. The possible values are from -2 to 2.5.
viewmodel_fov 33 – determines how far your character holds weapons. The allowed values are from -54 to 65.
CS:GO Radar commands:
- cl_radar_scale 0.3 – this CS:GO console command makes the radar bigger or smaller, depending on the value.
- cl_hud_radar_scale 1.15 – the size of the radar and all the other interface elements.
- cl_radar_icon_scale_min 0.7 – to change the size of characters’ signs on the radar.
- cl_radar_square_with_scoreboard 1 – for making the radar square and placing the match score inside.
- cl_radar_always_centered 1 – your character is always on the radar.
- cl_radar_rotate 1 – the radar will rotate during the match.
- hideradar – to play with no radar at all.
Making accurate shots in the game is a crucial skill. You’ll develop it with practice of course, and making CS GO mouse settings appropriate for your gaming style may help on the way. Here is a CS:GO command list exactly for this:
- m_rawinput 1 – it’s a command for your computer to ignore mouse settings from the operating system and directly use those in the game.
- sensitivity 2.5 – general sensitivity of your mouse. The indicated value 2.5 is common for pro-players. Change it to your demands.
- m_yaw 0.022 – mouse sensitivity in horizontal directions. It’s better to try the indicated value and then change it if you need to.
- m_pich 0.022 – mouse sensitivity in horizontal directions.
- m_pitch 0.022 – mouse sensitivity in horizontal directions.
- m_forward 1 – the sensitivity for forward movements.
- m_side 1 – the sensitivity for side movements.
- m_mousespeed 1 – to let Microsoft Windows or Mac control the mouse boost.
- m_customaccel 1 – to turn on the mouse boost. Use the command m_customaccel_scale 0.07 to indicate the scale of the boost, and this – m_customaccel_exponent 0.09 for the max allowed scale.
- m_mouseaccel1 1 – for 2x boost.
- m_mouseaccel2 1 – for 4x boost.
Entering all those commands is quite a task. To not repeat the same actions again and again, you can save them in various ways.
Special saving command
- mat_savechanges – everything you did in the CS:GO developer console will be saved for further games.
CS:GO config file
A bit of a different way is to save your console changes to the config file. Normally it is located here – Steam\userdata[your Steam ID]\730\local\cfg\config.cfg. It might be useful to copy the existing file before making changes. Then you’ll be able to return to the default settings very quickly.
- host_writeconfig – this is the command for activating the saving process. Everything you’ve entered in the console will be now a part of the configuration file.
It is also possible to create your own config file through special editors like Notepad ++. Open your default config.cfg with this application, then save it to the same folder but with the name autoexec.cfg. Edit it, and the game will use these configurations for your matches. You can put any console command from this list, but you have to follow the rule – all the values must be surrounded by quote marks (for example, fps_max “120”).
Your custom settings will remain in the game if you’ve added them to the special window of launch options – they become active by default, with the game launch.
How to use console commands for launch options?
Open your Steam Library, right-click the CS:GO icon, choose “Properties” and “Set Launch Options.” In the appeared screen enter commands following the rules – begin each new command with “–” and put spaces between commands. To use CS:GO console commands in the launch options, add plus before them – for example, +fps max 0.
Here are the best commands to use through the Launch Options
- -high – the game gets high priority from your computer, so all power will be dedicated to virtual shootouts,
- -threads 2 – indicates how many CPU cores will be used by the game.
- -novid – play CS:GO without short entering videos.
- -tickrate 64 – to set the quantity of information updates per second. The value 64 is average (for not very powerful computers). Change it to 128 to be more accurate in the game (you will be in time with the action).
- -fullscreen – to play on the full screen.
- -windowed – to play CS:GO in the standard window. Add such values: -w 1280 (width), -h 720 (height), -x 33 (place in x-axis), -y 33 (place in y-axis).
- -noborder – there will be no borders for the game window.
- -language English – sets the language for the game interface (might differ from the Steam app language).
- -console – the CS:GO developer console launches immediately after launching the game.
- -developer 1 – the console will be in the developer mode, giving more information on entering commands.
It’s better not to put many commands in the launch options window – this creates a kind of mess, so you may have difficulties in the future with understanding what you have there. Check this CS:GO to know more about the Launch Options.
For returning to the default game settings, you may:
- Delete your custom autoexec.cfg file;
- Clear your standard config.cfg file;
- Delete config.cfg file – the game will install a new one during the next launch.
Guys, this CS:GO command list may become handy in your playing practice – especially if you return to it looking for some useful commands. Don’t try to remember everything at once. Play more if you like the process. This will allow you to become better in the game and understand how CS:GO console commands may become helpful for you.
Remember – using these commands is not a necessary part of the game. Many gamers enjoy CS:GO in its default condition or make changes through the standard settings menu. Act in any way that makes you happy, this is the real purpose of playing games.